Lookout Mountain Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by jimmyz30024, May 26, 2014.

1. jimmyz30024

jimmyz30024
    Expand Collapse

Hi, we are new to this forum. I did a search but didn't see any input. We are looking for nicest kid friendly campground in the Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, Tennessee area.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I had not planned on replying to your post because we do not travel with kids, and therefore, I don't really pay attention to whether parks are kid friendly or not. But since no one else has given you any suggestions, I will say that we stayed at the Best Holiday Trav-L-Park of Chattanooga. It totally met our needs for touring the area, but I can't speak to kid friendly. They allow kids, of course, and there is a pool, but I did not see a playground, but then I was not looking for one. We were there in the fall so there were no kids' activities going on and there weren't very many kids around--even on the weekend. I would assume they were all in school.

This website also lists several other parks that are close by, so read the reviews and hopefully you will find the info you are looking for. Good luck.

3. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Holiday Trav-L-Park a couple of years ago. Great place. It did have a playground, if I remember correctly. Odd thing about the park: their entrance is in Chattanooga, Tn but the bulk of the park is actually across the state line in Georgia (at least that's how it looks on the map). The other interesting thing is that it is on the site of a Civil War battleground and you will come across markers in the park showing where different brigades camped during the battle. Being Civil War buffs, that was a real plus for us. The only downside of the park is the noise from the local drag strip in Brainard (I think). You can hear the noise pretty distinctly if there is a race going on, but I don't think there are races often. We were unfortunate enough, however, to be there during a 3-day event and it was pretty loud at times. The park is convenient to sightseeing in the Chattanooga area.