Maggie Valley, NC

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by pejdj, Feb 28, 2004.

1. pejdj

pejdj
    Expand Collapse

Would be interested in what campground in Maggie Valley, NC you consider to be the best..... Thanks Looking for creeks and peace and quiet not necessary anything that kids would be interested in as we aren't bringing any of the grand-kids. Kleen Restrooms and Showers is a must.

2. beastdriver

beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Without a doubt, the very finest campground is a couple of hours drive from Maggie Valley, situated in a small town off Highway 65 near Asheville. It is the Outdoor Resorts of America Blue Ridge location. Excellent for adults with paved full-hookup sites, good prices, meandering streams, lakes, a golf course, excellent laundry and clubhouse facilities. Unfortunately, they only accept motorhomes. If you're driving a motorhome, you can't do any better in the North Carolina Mountains. :) :)

3. bping1

bping1
    Expand Collapse

Go to Stone Bridge Campground and RV Park on Hwy. 19. We just spent a week there on a creekside site and loved it. We visited in May and very quiet. It is the best park in the area.

4. madiswaysc

madiswaysc
    Expand Collapse

Have to agree with Stone Bridge, we spent a week there in October of 2002, on the creekside and we loved it. Also, if you are a Nascar fan, David Pearson has a
    get away trailer there in the park. We were lucky and he was there when we stayed there. Nice man!! :)

5. pejdj

pejdj
    Expand Collapse

YUP!!!!! Thanks for all the come-back on the Maggie Valley campgrounds----we were there----too bad it was a couple of days before the replys of June 23rd---but we had info that it was a good place to stay. Wish I had known about David Pearson as I am a ole' time NASCAR fan---and an X - racer myself-----but oh well. As far as the campground is concerned-----the permanent trailers in the place were kept up rather well-----of course they have to add all their little gimmicky stuff around their site----kind of trashes the place up---but all in all it was a very pleasant experience. We had a creek side camping spot----which when they aren't very busy was great----but when they got busy and neighbors moved in------ouch!!!! kind of tight. Really tight-----my awning was about four feet from the fifth wheel that pulled in next to us----so when sitting under our awning it was like camping on the side-walk next to the Sears Tower in Chicago. But thats what its all about------certainly was convenient to all the activities of Maggie and easy to get to Waynesville----which we really enjoyed.

ALL'n'-All it was a good choice-----thanks for your help. PJ