Md State Parks---any Sites For 37' Rig?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by GrandmaM, Mar 21, 2010.

1. GrandmaM

GrandmaM
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

We're getting camping fever after almost a week of nice weather in MD. Does anyone know of any Maryland State Parks which accommodate 37' motorhomes? I'm especially interested in Assateague Island State Park, or other state parks near the ocean. I have had a frustrating half hour on the DNR website (probably my fault) and I can't see what size rigs any of the MD state parks will admit.
    We stayed at Fort Whaley late last fall, which was okay, but really want to be closer to the ocean.
    Thanks a million, and Happy Camping 2010 to all of you! :D

2. ATL JOHN

ATL JOHN
    Expand Collapse

Hi GrandmaM My brother camped at Assateague Island State Park last September with a 35 ft motor home and I think 37 should fit without any problem. We were there as well but wanted full hookups so stayed at campground close by.

Have fun great place with the wild ponies everywhere.

QUOTE(GrandmaM @ Mar 21 2010, 04:15 PM) [snapback]21356[/snapback]

Hi,

We're getting camping fever after almost a week of nice weather in MD. Does anyone know of any Maryland State Parks which accommodate 37' motorhomes? I'm especially interested in Assateague Island State Park, or other state parks near the ocean. I have had a frustrating half hour on the DNR website (probably my fault) and I can't see what size rigs any of the MD state parks will admit.
    We stayed at Fort Whaley late last fall, which was okay, but really want to be closer to the ocean.
    Thanks a million, and Happy Camping 2010 to all of you! :D

3. Gfamilycampers

Gfamilycampers
    Expand Collapse

Hi all! My first post! :D

We went camping at Castaways RV Campground and Resort near Ocean City for the holiday weekend. The campground is right on the bay with it's own beach and piers. It was our first visit and will not be our last. The campground was very nice. Considering amenities, cleanliness, staff etc. about an 8.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Second only to Fort Wilderness as one of the nicest campgrounds we've stayed at.

4. GrandmaM

GrandmaM
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to both of you for your replies! We'll try to get reservations at each park mentioned for the coming summer. Appreciate your help.