Membership Resales - Lost In Limbo...brain Spinning!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Smore Fishin, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Smore Fishin

Smore Fishin
    Expand Collapse

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sorry, I can't help you, but reading this and other threads about memberships makes us even more sure that we don't want to buy one.

3. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

There are about as many different types of TT membership, IMO, as there are blades of grass in a lawn. There was one group in particular that did exactly what you are talking about - revert to a lesser membership when transferred. Some, I have heard, revert only after multiple transfers. Some types do not change on transfer. I was told (did not verify) that frozen dues clauses did not transfer. What you are finding is a good example of why the first steps in the purchase negotiation is to get the member number and call TT for details on the membership stipulations before proceeding.

4. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

Hi! If I were you..I think I would collect the facts and then RUN!

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Smore Fishin @ Mar 14 2010, 07:54 AM) [snapback]21288[/snapback]

...Any informative advice that can get us where we want so we can giddy-up and get rollin down the road! Kind Regards to all...Smore Fishin

Smore Fishin...you don't need the financial hassle to giddy-up and get rollin down the road! Just my opinion. Save those bucks for fishing gear!

Cheers!

6. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

If I read you right, it sounds like they want to charge because they have a new member, and will not make a dime on it. I would run away from that as fast as possible.