Merry Christmas To All

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Meterman46, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

I Just had to beat Cheryl Fuller on this......LOL :lol: But Really I want to take this time and wish all of my fellow RV'ers a Very Merry Christmas & a Safe & Happy New Year!!!!! :D

Remember Who is the REASON for the season!!!

An Old Irish Blessing[SIZE=10pt]May love and laughter light your days,
    and warm your heart and home.
    May good and faithful friends be yours,
    wherever you may roam.
    May peace and plenty bless your world
    with joy that long endures.
    May all life's passing seasons
    bring the best to you and yours!
    [/SIZE]

Brian,Teresa, Noah & Ruby

2. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you Meterman46 and all the other users of this forum as well.
    May 2007 bring happiness & health to all.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

To one and all:

We wish you and yours a "Merry Christmas", and prosperous "New Year" for 2007. Safe travels, enjoy the season, Happy Holidays .

4. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Brian, you got me!!! Wishing you and everyone else here a joyous and blessed Christmas...yes, I am one of those who gets offended by the establishments that won't allow the word Christmas and say Happy Holidays instead...call me radical, but it irritates me when people try to take the Christ out of Christmas. Okay, I will climb down off my soapbox now and just say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of my friends here. As Butch said, i wish you all safe travels in the coming year - especially people like John Blue who just can't seem to stay home!!!!

[​IMG]

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl We concur with you completely, We do not want to take anything from others and their holidays, but December 25th is a federal & state recognized and legislated holiday--Christmas. Yes, let's put Christ back in Christmas, thank you Cheryl, our best to you and yours.

PS

Cheryl how's the snow ? We do not have any and have not had any in upstate New York, we have temperatures in the high 40's, 50's and had a couple of 60's--- now that's a "great" December !!! Saves on our winter wood pile, (we heat our home with wood). We know that this to will come to an end, and we will be in the deep freeze---snow-ice-cold temps. That's the northeast.

6. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Dec 19 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]5596[/snapback]

Cheryl how's the snow ? We do not have any and have not had any in upstate New York, we have temperatures in the high 40's, 50's and had a couple of 60's--- now that's a "great" December !!! Saves on our winter wood pile, (we heat our home with wood). We know that this to will come to an end, and we will be in the deep freeze---snow-ice-cold temps. That's the northeast.

Butch, it is supposed to start snowing this afternoon and they said we should get 2-5 inches before this system moves out and then another will move in tomorrow. A break on Thursday and then snow Friday and Saturdy. The weather man said last night that it is pretty much a slam dunk that we will have a white Christmas. I am yearning for those 90 degree days that I was complaining about just a few months ago!!!

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

To all on this board,

A big Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Blue's or road rats. We are now in Ridgecrest, CA for the night and on the way back to FL soon. It has been a great year in travel by RV and our 2007 RV plans are in place as soon as we get off the next cruise ship in Feb. Life is good on the road.

8. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Well guys, for those of you yearning for a white Chirstmas, Denver would be the place to be. Our foreecast has been revised. The snow was supposed to start this afternoon, but a change in the system has occurred. We will be in a Winter Storm Warning from 6:00 a.m. tomorrow (Wed) until 5:00 p.m. Thursday. The forecast is now calling for up to 20 inches of snow. As the temps are not predicted to be above freezing, the weatherman said a white Christmas is pretty much guaranteed. John Blue, that Hawaii and California thing sounds like a real good idea right now!!!!

9. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

I am watching the news and now they are saying we an expect at least 2 ft. of snow and it is now being called a blizzard...

10. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,
    I envy you that snow. There's nothing better than a white Christmas (yeah I said Christmas - not holiday) Stay safe on the roads though.

Butch,
    Our weather has been like yours, mostly in the upper 60's. We have had 3 "Indian Summers". We also burn wood to heat the house.

I work in an elementary school and we can still use the term Christmas and we still have Easter, not spring, break.

Merry Christmas!

11. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

I would like to wish everyone on this forum a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope everyone has a safe holiday season and enjoy your travels.
    Jef

12. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys. Here is a pic of Greg shoveling this morning - you can see how deep the snow in our driveway is from the tunnel he has dug for himself. Right after taking this, our neighbor, who can be seen in the background with his snowblower, came over and cleared the driveway...

[​IMG]

13. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl:

Thanks for the great picture. Boy, do I envy you. As I write this, I am sitting under a date palm tree in my yard in Florida, the temperature is 78 degrees, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the grass is green, and I just finished waxing the motorhome in preparing to pull out again in a couple of months. Life is tough!

14. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

"envy", NOT---good grief. Cheryl, our area, northeast NY, has your weather and your storm on every hour--does not look good. Stay safe.

15. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Dec 21 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]5615[/snapback]
    Cheryl:

Thanks for the great picture. Boy, do I envy you. As I write this, I am sitting under a date palm tree in my yard in Florida, the temperature is 78 degrees, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the grass is green, and I just finished waxing the motorhome in preparing to pull out again in a couple of months. Life is tough!

Are you rubbing it in????LOL

16. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl ........Meterman46 trys to throw a snowball.......and he cant find any snow. :unsure: ...LOL WOW :eek: what a picture ........Just have to say it We have 55 degree weather and rain the last 2 days and more tommorrow and NO white Christmas for us unless something changes.......Hope you all are safe and warm.... Once again Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

17. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

We flew in from LA around 5:30 pm and this place is hot at around 84. Wish you were here! Like Beastdriver said "Life is tough down here". We are about the same here as Maui. That white stuff will kill your back as you get frostbites. I need to start on our MH wax job also. It will look good next spring in Denver.

18. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Dec 21 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]5621[/snapback]
    Cheryl,

I need to start on our MH wax job also. It will look good next spring in Denver.

Hey John, I didn't know you were coming to Denver. If you and the Mrs. want to meet up for dinner or something, give us a holler...

19. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

Looks like you got quite a bit of snow, Cheryl. We were a little luckier down where I live on the south end of Colorado Springs. We had a lot of wind so what snow did fall got blown away. The visibility was down to 50 feet or less at times but it just wasn't sticking because of the wind. Some areas around us weren't quite as lucky though. Just look at the two pictures I pulled off of the Gazette (our local paper) :ph34r: .

[attachmentid=42] [attachmentid=43]

Don't envy anyone having to dig out of that although I don't think that they will have to worry about not having a white Christmas. :D

Well,, everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Attached Files:

20. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl, I truly do envy you. Very rarely have I had a green Christmas - right now in southwestern Ontario it's raining heavily and the temperature is around 10 celcius - I absolutely hate it (call me crazy - most of my friends do), there is a slight chance of snow on Boxing Day. I love white Christmases and even Januarys - however, by the time February roles around I'm anxious for the warmer temps and start itching to get out in the rv - especially this year, since we just bought a new fiver in November!

Merry Christmas to everyone - and for those of you with snow - I wish I was there!

Nancy