Meter Readings

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Silvana, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Silvana

Silvana
    Expand Collapse

:( This is about a surprise I got the other day. I stayed at Castle Rock Shores in Parker last January. I always watch my meter and keep track. When I Checked out I was told that they would read the meter later that day and since I had a deposit of $50 not to worry they would send me an refund. I had checked the meter myself and new we were not talking bout too much money so I went along with it. We had a long drive ahead of us. Time passed and I forgt all about it. In the summer we bought a new trailer. So, we went through our stuff and threw out a lot of stuff in our move. Come December I get a bill from them for $76. With two meter readings totaling around 700 kilwatts. I called them and they agreed that was high for 1 month, and that they had not read the meter when I left. So they came up with a pro rate of 400 kilowatts instead. I explained that my 23 foot no slide out could not use that much kilowatts. I was told that was not true and that I still owed them money. I asked several times to speak with a manager and was told I could not. Using the bill they sent me with the first meter reading I pro rated the numbers myself and came up with 389 kilowatts. Now i do not know if they included the day I checked out in there figuring or if they just rounded up to 400. Either way I do not know if the meter was working properly and the first number was right or wrong. I do know that In my new 30 foot with slide out trailer I average arond 320 kilowatts a month. They ofcourse said size doesn't matter, and they do not care what my readings in other parks are. In ending I would like to say read your own meters keep your readings for more than a year, and never check out without a final bill!

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

------------------------
    'Silvana' date='Dec 18 2007:
    :( This is about a surprise I got the other day. I stayed at Castle Rock Shores in Parker... In ending I would like to say read your own meters keep your readings for more than a year, and never check out without a final bill!

-------------------------

Thanks Silvana: good advise! Sounds like Castle Rock Shores mgmt is disorganized. :blink: Anyway your contact for resolution sure not thinking about repeat business.

Perhaps a diplomatic note of this issue when you compose your campground review... ;)

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Usually parks read your meter the day you leave (or sometimes one or two days before) and it's final when you check out!

I agree, don't leave without a final bill!

However, there are some parks that charge everyone the same regardless of the size of your rig or how many kilowats you use.....

JJ