Meterman46, Cheryl, Browzin And Any Others I Missed.....

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Some of you regulars haven't been seen around here lately. Now, I would like to think you are off rv'ing or perhaps lying on a sandy beach somewhere tropical and warm. I'm a chatty person and would like to see lots more posts going on this forum, so we need you guys to get your fingers back on those keyboards. At least check in so I know you are still alive and kickin'......

2. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Now, I would like to think you are off rv'ing or perhaps lying on a sandy beach somewhere tropical and warm.

I wish. It is 5 degrees right now. And, that's without the wind chill factor (-16). I've been reading posts, just haven't had anything much interesting to say. Plus, I'm a little busy helping to plan 2 weddings - one this summer and one next. And, my computer crashed, had to completely restore it. I lost my house plans, so I had to start from scratch and redesign them. This time I went and bought a flash drive and have them saved on that too. Hopefully we can get started on it this spring.

3. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cheryl,

I'm very sorry to hear about the crash!

I'm sure you have heard this. There are only two types of computer users--those who are waiting for a hard disk crash and those who have had one.

Another idea for "back up" is to get a gmail account. Then email yourself all your data in a compressed file. Gmail won't accept a .zip extension--so after compressing your data change the extension to something else--like zzz

I hope your replacement computer will live long and prosper! (and back up that data!)

It sure does take time to "rebuild" all the programs one is using.

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Feb 5 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]5998[/snapback]

Now, I would like to think you are off rv'ing or perhaps lying on a sandy beach somewhere tropical and warm.

I wish. It is 5 degrees right now. And, that's without the wind chill factor (-16). I've been reading posts, just haven't had anything much interesting to say. Plus, I'm a little busy helping to plan 2 weddings - one this summer and one next. And, my computer crashed, had to completely restore it. I lost my house plans, so I had to start from scratch and redesign them. This time I went and bought a flash drive and have them saved on that too. Hopefully we can get started on it this spring.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info. I didn't get a new computer, I just restored my old one to like new (right out of the box) condition. I think my flash drive is big enough to hold my files that I need to save. There aren't that many of them, it's just a personal home computer.
    I'm pretty sure I know what happened to cause the "crash". I let my mother, better know to my kids as Grandma Accident Prone, touch it! :blink: And yes, she knows they call her that.

You are are so right, it takes a loooooong time to reprogram all that software. I kept putting off the house plans because I knew how long it took the first time. All I had to go by was a printout with a few (very few) measurements on it from the first time I designed them. I think I gave my self eye strain. :lol:

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cheryl Fuller,

We are here at least 5 days a week, reading postings; reviews, posting a few that we have some knowledge or information to share. We normally do not use the computer on weekends-family time. It is now so cold here, you really do not want to leave the house. The whole country, or at least most of it, is in the same state---COLD----. We still do not have much snow, I think we have had 5 or 6 inches all winter. I knew we would pay for those warm temps we had earlier through to the second week of January. But the good thing is they can not take those days away from us. My 94 year old father-in-law says, " six more weeks will make a big difference ". Words of wisdom, so true. So I spend the winter months, staying warm by feeding the wood stove, cooking, doing household duties, and planning our camping, (Rving), spring and summer get "aways ". So that's the report from upstate New York.

Cheryl,

Was wondering where you were, thought maybe you were off to a warmer place. Sorry to hear about the computer, but glad you are up and running again. Sounds as if you are one very busy person trying to get back to "square one". Good things come to those who have patiences.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I spend the winter months, staying warm by feeding the wood stove, cooking, doing household duties, and planning our camping, (Rving), spring and summer get "aways ".

Butch,
    That sounds a lot like what I do, except I have to add go to work into that mix. Fortunately, I love my job. The only bad part of it is how early I have to get up - I don't really sleep that well.
    I had the computer up and running (on the internet) within a couple of hours. It was redoing everything else that took "forever".
    Oh, and, I made all of the invitation, RSVP cards and name tags for the wedding this summer once I had it fixed. We are pretty much done with everything but the cake and what I am going to wear (the bride has her gown picked out, ordered and delivered already), so now we can relax for a few months.

7. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

OK Cheryl get ready .....heres the windup......and Meterman throws a snowball right at Cheryl Fuller and SCORES a direct hit........LOL..Hey If your going send the snow my way I'm gonna have some fun til it melts....... :lol: . Yep We finally got hit with the "white"stuff We had 5 inches on the ground and Cheryl seems to think we need more so we are now under a Winter Storm warning for the next 24 hours....And to think I thought Cheryl F was liking having all the "white" stuff for herself :p .LOL They are saying we can have 6-8 inches so I guess Cheryl had better take cover as I'm loading up for the Snowball Fight 07. I hope all are doing well and just let me know if anyone besides Cheryl needs me to send some snow so we can all throw snowballs at Cheryl :lol: . I have plenty and I'm sure she still has plenty from the last couple of months.... Take Care all Pretty soon we can all go CAMPING Again!!!! oh yeah ........you better take cover Cheryl here's the windup..............and the throw..........did Meterman Hit again????? except for Butch as he might have too much if he close to 10 feet plus I've heard about.

8. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Brian, sorry about that. It is snowing here again now so I will have plenty of ammo to return fire. Guess we were due as we were down to only 6" depth in our yard. I take "mental vacations" by planning our trip up the Oregon Coast in June and reading up on the shore excursions for our caribbean cruise in Nov. I don't know if it really is global warming or El Nino or what is causing this bizarre weather, but I wish it would stop!!! Oh, and Brian, ya' missed me on with that last snowball. You throw like a girl!!! (Just kidding :D ). Please be careful in this awful weather - I know you work outside, so bundlle up!!!

9. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

No problem I was just kidding too Cheryl. I been on hit & miss as I've been busy here. We are now under a Blizzard warning...yuck But I can't really complain as this is only the second time we've gotten snow this winter. Still wishing I was sitting by the fire in my favorite campground.....Well I best get off this thing and goe try and dig out so I can go to work. TAke care.Glad your doing well. Brian........Meterman trys to lauch one more at CHeryl..........wait he can't find his ammo :eek: .......seems that the snow bury it......LOL....Cheryl's safe for now.....atleast until Meternan finds....his ammo again.......LOL...... :D

10. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Hey Cheryl, the last time I chatted with you I begged you for snow...okay...you can stopped sending it now, LOL!!!!!!!!!

11. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

We got about 6" early today with more coming tomorrow. I don't mind the snow at all, it's the 1" (and still falling) of freezing rain and sleet that we got on top of the snow late afternoon that is causing problems.

12. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Good Morning Cheryl, Your concern for us was wonderful, but so far snow hasn't been a problem. It is 80 degrees as I write this. Plans are to take Jean out for a Valentine dinner.
    Wishing all you wonderful ladies HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

13. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Feb 14 2007, 02:39 AM) [snapback]6103[/snapback]

We got about 6" early today with more coming tomorrow. I don't mind the snow at all, it's the 1" (and still falling) of freezing rain and sleet that we got on top of the snow late afternoon that is causing problems.

Hi WV Cheryl!!! Here in the mountains of PA we got about 9 inches, but with the wind the drifts are at places a lot deeper than that and we also got the snow, then the freezing rain and sleet and now it's back to snow again...makes for horrible driving. I'm glad we went out before the storm hit to stock up on food and stuff, so we can last another week or so without having to venture out!!! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we don't lose power, so far we've been lucky, but I saw around Pittsburgh there were thousands without power...yuk!

14. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Feb 14 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]6104[/snapback]
    . It is 80 degrees as I write this. Plans are to take Jean out for a Valentine dinner.
    Wishing all you wonderful ladies HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

80 degrees - HMMMM. If you added our temps up from everyday this week, it wouldn't reach 80. Wish I was in Florida. Hope you and your wife have a wonderful and romantic dinner.

15. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Hi WV Cheryl!!! Here in the mountains of PA we got about 9 inches, but with the wind the drifts are at places a lot deeper than that and we also got the snow, then the freezing rain and sleet and now it's back to snow again...makes for horrible driving.

You're telling me. We have the drifts too, I measured almost 2 feet beside the garage. I don't have to go out either, but my kids and husband do. My oldest son hit ice on his way home from afternoon turn last night. Took my truck down a 25-30 foot very steep gully. He had a hard time climbing out. Thank God he is fine today, I haven't seen my truck yet. They had it towed to my other son's place of work (he's a mechanic). My husband went to pick him up and said the truck was sitting on it's "nose" down in the gully.

16. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Oh Cheryl, so glad that he is okay. Vehicles are replaceable, people aren't. How scary it must have been for you when you heard what happened.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Fortunately, he called me and not some EMT or fellow officer, so I heard it from him that he was okay. His first words were "You're not going to be too happy". I knew right away he had wrecked. I said the same thing to him, I didn't care about the truck, just that he wasn't hurt.

18. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl> I am about half way completed on building a house. I also designed the plans myself, and after the basic structure was up, the chief-of-staff and I having been doing most of the work. There is an excellent design program called AutoCad. Not cheap, but it does everything you'd want to make house plans that a sub-contractor can use to do a particular job.

I can give you lotsa information on what NOT to do when designing and building. Experience comes from doing, but bad experience comes from doing it wrong. :)

If you want any of that bad experience info, let me know and we can do it via direct email.

Rick

19. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Rick,
    I finally broke down and bought a software program called "Punch! Home Design". I had been using a ruler and pencil. We are going to build a log home, Hubby and sons will be doing all the building. I will do what I can to help. We don't plan on contracting anything out.

20. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

I'm not a regular but hello to all. I browse quite a bit here.

-Son in basic training in Ft. Benning

-Spending as many weekends as we/I can at our new to us seasonal park trailer on the river on whats called the Inner Banks of NC.

Kate