Montana RV Parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by montana, Apr 2, 2005.

1. montana

montana
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are kinda new to this RV stuff so I'm asking for a little help from all you more experienced travelers.We are kinda partial to Montana and are looking for anyone who has stayed at parks in this state.We have only stayed at one or two so far but I'm sure there are many many more.Ok all you Montana campers,let me have it. :D

2. bubbabod

bubbabod
    Expand Collapse

Hi, Montana. Are you interested in any particular part of Montana? The parks or cg's we've stayed in are the KOA in Hardin, which you'd only use mainly as a base camp to visit the Little big Horn Battlefield.
    In Bozeman there is the Sunrise RV Park. It's a small, family-owned place, very friendly.
    We spent a night at the Lewis & Clark Caverns State park, no hookups and no real reason to go back there for us.
    Our favorite was the Lake Como cg, about 12 miles south of Hamilton in the Bitter Root Mountains. It's a very pretty park with water and electric hookups and a short walk to the lake.
    Although we didn't stay there, there is a terrific KOA just west of Three Forks, about 30 miles west of Bozeman. Beautiful park, and the Headwaters Restaurant in Three Forks is one of the best restaurants we've eaten in. Anywhere.
    Those are the only places we've stayed in, but I'd highly recommend Lake Como.
    Oh, my wife and her brother and his wife stayed at Mountainview RV Park inor near Hungry Horse Lake when they visited Glacier N.P., and she said it was her favorite and prettiest RV park of any we've ever stayed at.
    Good luck and happy travels.

3. danshula

danshula
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    There are many C.G in Montana, check this we site and then go to "reviews" and read what visitors say about each one.
    My Webpage
    Enjoy :rolleyes:

4. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at a number of Montana RV parks, but can personally recommend four to you. They are the Glendive RV Park in Glendive, the Flathead River RV Park in Polson, the Pipestone RV Park in Whitehall, and, probably one of the best parks in the country, the Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone. The one place you want to AVOID at all costs is the KOA in Billings, Montana, a real ripoff. All five of these locations are reviewed in detail under the RV Park Reviews section of this site. Good luck!