" More Snow in the Sierra........!!! "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jun 9, 2017.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

The local news just said that we could expect some fresh snow over the weekend and that it could reach down to around 6,000 feet or so. That Lake Tahoe level. It's not very often that we get snow in June but it can and has happened in past years. Wonder how many RVers are making the trek up the hill this weekend with all the traffic and congestion only to wake up maybe Sunday morning to fresh coating of snow all over their RV........:eek:

We will be hanging out in the lower elevations enjoying some off and on again rain showers and that's fine by us. Not sense going up and fighting the crowds and getting into all the mayhem, etc............

Have a great weekend everyone, BankShot................(aka Terry)

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

It seems the weather patterns are upside down right now. Snow in the Sierras while up in Dawson City, Yukon it's almost 90 F. Weird.

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Woke up to a chilly 44 degrees this morning and our high today won't make it out of the high 60s. I sit just at 2,000 feet elevation and the normal temp for this date is in the mid to upper 80s or higher. Some real crazy weather patterns going on all around this old globe we reside on that's for sure. I think Mother Nature is going thru one of her climate change thingees that occur every few eons. Will be interesting to see what's going on this time next century. Unfortunately, or perhaps I should say "fortunately" I won't be around to find out............ :(

Enjoy your weekend, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

To think that one week ago today I was expounding on the fact that the Lake Tahoe area was getting a fresh dumping of that white stuff and today the folks there are walking around in T shirts, shorts and flip flops and lazing out on their boats on the lake sipping a cold one in 80 degree temps. Some really strange weather patterns going on for sure. We'll only make it to about 103 today and 108 on Monday, but some of the lower desert areas are looking at 120+.............. :eek:

Time to close the place up, turn on the AC and chill.................

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

It's starting here in CT, first comes the tropical humidity and then the heat on top of that!

Mike