Mothers Liquid Aluminum Polish W/power Ball

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RL36, May 10, 2008.

1. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

For those of us who have aluminum wheels as you know it is hard to keep up that beautiful shine! I was at the autoparts store today going to pick up some polish for my wheel's to put that shine back into them. While looking at all the different kinds, the store manager ask me if I would like some help.I told him what I was going to do,so he asked me if I had a cordless drill and I said yes. He said Trust me you need to get the mothers liquid aluminum polish along with this here Power Ball. It comes with an extention and you attatch it like a bit and a red spongie ball is at the tip. "WOW that combo work's like ive never seen.I will never use that Mothers pastie polish and apply it by hand ever again. So if anyone is dreading that aweful chore of polishing your wheels,trust me it works real well. Its also not that hard taking it off...........Happy Polishing!!!!

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

RL36,

We have been used Mothers aluminum polish for years now. You may have missed this trick. As soon as you polish one wheel go over it again with car polish, any good type will work. This will block air to aluminum. I have found one polish job will last two years and look good yet. If you fail to do this aluminum will start oxidation in very short time.

I also have the power balls but find my hand works best for me. I can work all four wheels in about three hours. Also wash the wheels well before you start work to remove any stuff like sand. That will mess up the aluminum very fast. The black stuff that comes off is dead aluminum or oxidation.

3. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

John Blue. Thanks for the tip :) , So you mean after you apply the aluminum polish and while it is still on there then apply the car polish or do you mean wipe off the aluminum polish then apply the car polish? Just want to make sure, Ill try it. Thank you!!! :D

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

RL36,

You are correct, clean off the aluminum polish then apply the car polish as soon as you are done. Then move on to the next wheel. Also wipe off all the aluminum polish, any of the black stuff left on wheel rim will dull down the shine. The car polish will stop or slow down the dull look over time.

5. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

Great! :D Thank you John......... B)