Nashville Campgounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by mastercraft, Aug 23, 2007.

1. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

I looked at a previous thread on this topic and all the information on this topic was about campgrounds in Nashville. Does anyone have any ideas on campgrounds near Nashville, but not in the city? We are going the week between Christmas and New Years and I was also wondering if these campgrounds would be open. I know the commercial ones are, but what about the others? For some unknown reason, we like cold weather camping a couple of times a year!!

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We have stayed at Countryside Resort in Lebanon about 25 mi east of Nashville on I-40. Resort--No, but it is a descent rv park. The reviews for it on this site are pretty accurate. We only stayed overnight while traveling through, but it suited our needs just fine. Cedars of Lebanon State Park is located in the same area and is supposed to be pretty nice, too. We have friends who stayed there and really liked it. Also read the reviews for J. Percy Priest Lake / Seven Points COE Campground. It gets high ratings. Sorry but I don't know if these are open year round. Hope this helps.

3. J59T

J59T
    Expand Collapse

2 years ago, we stayed at Jellystone on Music Valley Rd and it was okay, and we had to be back in the area and couldn't get back into Jellystone, so we ended up at Countryside in Lebanon. The reviews are very accurate for both.

We were passing through Nashville and my husband wanted to stay at the KOA, and it was $50 a night and the sites were so small (besides being very empty for that time of year). It is convenient to the Camping World.

4. Wadcutter

Wadcutter
    Expand Collapse

In June we stayed at Nashville I-24 Campground, Smyrna SE of Nashville. It was OK. Quite a few full timers which made some of the park look like a run down trailer park. Where the overnighters are wasn't too bad of an area. We've stayed there twice when just passing thru.
    If the male campground host (about 65) offers to help you park your rig, turn down his offer to help. He waves his arms like he's swatting flies, waves one way, then another, and sometimes his has both arms going in opposite directions. If you drove by and saw him standing out there waving his arms you'd swear he was having a fit. The first time we stayed there he nearly directed me into an overhanging tree. Luckily I caught a view of it in time. I asked him if he saw the limb and he said he forgot it was there. I finally thanked him for his "assistance" and sent him on his way. Nice guy but has no sense of what he's doing.
    BTW, there's a great Mexican restuarant about 2 blocks from the campground that serves the best strawberry margaritas and chile rellenos.