Need A Little Help With This One.

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gray ghost, Mar 22, 2008.

1. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

We are still working our way towards Taylors, South Carolina but find our selves in a tight spot. We are going to Corpus Christi but having a hard time finding a nice RV park.
    Has any one stayed at the Sea Breeze RV park in Corpus Christi ? http://www.seabreezerv.com/aboutus.html
    There is no review that I can find. Does any one have any recommendations for a nice RV park on the water to stay a week or so?
    Thank you. :)

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

There are several reviews for this park under Portland, Texas. I cannot give you a personal review as we've never stayed there, but the reviews sound pretty nice. You might also check out the reviews for the parks in Port Aransas. Pioneer RV Park is a nice one. It is on the gulf side of the island, and it is just a short walk over the sand dunes to the beach. Hope this helps.

3. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Texasrvers, I must have over looked that Portland review. I see it now and am presently looking at the parks in Port Aransas.
    Appreacite it, Thanks :)

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Gray Ghost> I'm a Texan, but I am not a beach person so I've used C/Gs that are on the north side of CC. I have driven thru Sea Breeze. From all outward appearances it was a nice park altho, I personally like a bit more space between pads.

As mentioned by TexasRver there are a few nice parks at Aransas. It's the typcial beach condo type town.

Sea Breeze advertises a TACO discount. You can get a free card if you will stop at the first rest stop/travel center entering TX and ask the attendant which publication they are printed in. If memory serves it is in the TX state tourist guide.

I've also lived in GA and SC. If you need any info let me know. Good luck.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Gray Ghost,

It is easy to miss parks that are in towns close to the one you want to stay in. I used to do it all the time. If you are not from the area how would you know the names of other nearby towns. Then someone on this forum pointed out this site's campground search feature. I see you are a newer member so if you are not familiar with this feature just click on the words "campground search" on the bar near the top of the page. On the next screen look at the right side and there will be a section that lets you search for parks near a certain town. I have found this to be a great help when I can't find a park right in a particular city.

I'm glad RLM mentioned the TACO discount. The welcome centers should have a TACO directory, and they contain a free card. Many campgrounds have the directories as do many other businesses that deal with RV's (like service or supply centers. However, I don't remember ever seeing one at Camping World.) Just be warned that TACO is not a review publication. There are some not so good parks listed, so use it to get names and then check them out on this site.

I'm sure you will be able to find something near CC, and have fun while you're in our great state.

6. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Mar 23 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]10863[/snapback]

Gray Ghost,

It is easy to miss parks that are in towns close to the one you want to stay in. I used to do it all the time. If you are not from the area how would you know the names of other nearby towns. Then someone on this forum pointed out this site's campground search feature. I see you are a newer member so if you are not familiar with this feature just click on the words "campground search" on the bar near the top of the page. On the next screen look at the right side and there will be a section that lets you search for parks near a certain town. I have found this to be a great help when I can't find a park right in a particular city.

I'm glad RLM mentioned the TACO discount. The welcome centers should have a TACO directory, and they contain a free card. Many campgrounds have the directories as do many other businesses that deal with RV's (like service or supply centers. However, I don't remember ever seeing one at Camping World.) Just be warned that TACO is not a review publication. There are some not so good parks listed, so use it to get names and then check them out on this site.

I'm sure you will be able to find something near CC, and have fun while you're in our great state.

Hi there Texasrvers,
    I'm finding my way around here and of course any suggestions are always welcome.
    We are here at seabreeze rv park, got in this afternoon and so far it's pretty nice. After we spend some time here I'll be sure to add a review.
    We are enjoying the Texas hospitality,and I've already been called a "Winter Texan" It's alright to wear that handle isn't it? :rolleyes:
    We are in no hurry to return to Mi. and get into that crappy weather going on there.We are having fun here in your State.
    Thanks for all the help on this site. I'm sure you'll see me around some more.