Need help for Spring break

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by janecel, Nov 3, 2004.

1. janecel

janecel
    Expand Collapse

Please help!!!

My kids have spring break from March 28th to April 4th. We would love to take the rv somewhere for that week. We live in southeastern Pa so we want to stay on the east coast with not too far a drive. Any suggestions??? We could go as far south as North Carolina.

Thanks!!!!

2. FogNobber

FogNobber
    Expand Collapse

Myrtle Beach is not too much farther, that's where I'd go!

3. cking

cking
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever visited the Outer Banks? Lots to see and do around the area.

4. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the prior poster...Outer Banks would be my choice...there's not a lot of campgrounds to choose from, but one of the best is the Hatteras Island KOA. It's an oceanfront campground, but there are dunes between the campground and the ocean to traverse...they have a beautiful walkway and deck to the ocean...and although the sites would be considered close together, I don't foresee a problem with it being crowded for the dates you said. From the Philly area you're looking at an 8 hour drive or about 375 miles...believe me the place is absolutely beautiful if you want a nice relaxing break. Here's a link for you to a take a virtual tour of the Hatteras Island KOA:

http://www.koakampgrounds.com/where/nc/331...tualtours/3.htm

It's only about 25 miles South of the Nags Head area and if you're in the Nags Head area be sure to stop at Jockey Ridge State Park...absolutely beautiful...huge sand dunes...you'd think you were in the middle of a desert....and just north of Nags Head is Kitty Hawk where the Wright Bros. Memorial is...(you'll pass this on your way down it's right on Highway 12.

With that said...if you're looking for more of a resort type of area then I would agree with the other poster who suggested Myrtle Beach...from the Philly area it would take you about 10 hours or about 600 miles to get there.

Wherever you end up....hope you have fun!!!!!!!