Need Help With Ipod

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Okay guys, I really really really need some expert advice. I got a new iPod today to use during my workouts, but trying to figure it out is kicking my butt. I have 175 songs in my Library playlist but everytime I click "update iPod", it only downloads 25 of them. I have read the manual and done the things it says but still does not work. I am so frustrated and about ready to throw the thing against the wall!!! Can't you see the pleading cry for help in my eyes in the pic below...okay, I know it's fuzzy but it's the best I could do!!!
    Have any of you encountered this problem and how did you fix it???

Attached Files:

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

I checked RV.NET and found no help in 430 hits. Under Google type in "ipod loading problems" and you will see a ton of information to read. I bet if you take some time and read a lot of hits you will find some answers or use the up the wall trick. Good luck.

3. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, thank you so much for taking the time to check that. That was very sweet of you. I never thought of googling it. I just get frustrated when I can't figure something out, so stayed up until 3:00 a.m. working on it and was back at it by 8:00 this morning. I will go do a google search on it right now...will let you know if I figure it out or decide to smash it with a hammer!!!

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

Now we know why the picture was so fuzzy ! Those late hours ! Good luck, hope you find the info to correct your ipod problems, otherwise your expensive solution may prevail. Of course, I would, as I have in the past, after numerous hours of trying to figure it out, read the manual. Then I may still be in the dark. Good Grief !!

5. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Butch, those late hours seem to be catching up with me - I didn't roll out of bed until 10:45 this morning and can't seem to shake the fog, so decided not to even look at the thing this morning. I did read the manual and think I followed all the directions, to no avail. My husband said I get a certain look on my face when I am going to ask him for something and he says that pic reminds him of that look so that is the reason I posted it - as I was asking a favor. We are 3 weeks from vacation, so hope I get it figured out by then so I can take it with me. Actually, I think if I didn't have it mastered by then, I would be returning it to Circuit City.
    Aaahhh, vacation - somewhere sunny and warm where I can look out the window and see something other than all the white I see as I look out the window now!!!

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

Butch said the picture was fuzzy, I need a better pair of reading glasses. With the late hours you keep you should be fuzzy. Good luck on that Ipod. Did you ask sales people at Wal-Mart for help?

7. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, no I didn't ask at WalMart - I bought it at Circuit City, so if I can't figure it out, I will ask them. See, like I always say, you are a wealth of info!!! I did as you suggested (google) and came across a ton of info which I am still wading thru. Just came across a website that a guy posted a question regarding the same problem and there are pages and pages of info on what to do and I am in the process of reading that and am hopeful that I will find the help I need. Again, thanks for that advice as I wouldn't have thought of it. Butch was right, the pic of me is not real clear as it was taken from a distance and then it has been cropped and enlarged, so it makes me look bad.

8. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Well, it is fixed!!! I was in the middle of reading all the info I found online when my son showed up. I told him the problem I was having and he took my laptop, plugged the iPod into it and shortly afterwards, it was fixed. Don't know what he did but don't really care. He's such a good boy!!!

9. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

As I know zero about an iPod, I said to myself, self, where would you obtain the info to correct the problem ? "Kids", they use them, they would know, so that was going to be my response to your question this morning, but you have the answer---very good.
    Have been looking at weather in your area, hope you like the color "white". We have had, at this point, only 31 inches of snow which is less than half of our normal 70 inches. We have had a very "easy" winter so far anyway as we have not had a below -0 day this winter.
    We wish you & your husband a blessing of a safe, enjoyable vacation. Safe travels.