Need Recommendation....1st Time Camper Looking For Seasonal Site In Ne

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by agenna215, Nov 12, 2012.

1. agenna215

agenna215
    Expand Collapse

Our family just bought a 32' 5th wheel camper. This will be our first time camping. We would like to get a seasonal site. Looking for a recommendation on a great family oriented campground. We will be camping with 2 young children and a dog. Looking for a place where we can meet other families with kids. Thanks for any input!!

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

How far are you willing to drive? Would you be staying the entire season? I think I'd try various campgrounds until you found a "good fit" before I committed to a seasonal site.

3. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

A few more questions: Where are you and what area are you looking at for a seasonal site? I can't quite tell from the title of this thread the "where" of your query. It says you are looking for a "Site in the Ne". Does "Ne" stand for northeast, for New Endgland, or is it the start of the spelling of a state like New York, New Mexico, New Jersey, Nevada, or Nebraska? There's no sense in somebody recommending a great place in Maine if you live and are looking for a place in New York and want to be within 200 miles of home. When you say seasonal, you are we talking about the summer season, right? What amenities (lake, pool, WIFI, cable TV, etc.) do you want? A little more information on what you are looking for will help people give you much better ideas on places to stay.

4. campergal

campergal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Nov 13 2012, 10:52 AM) [snapback]31879[/snapback]

Hi,

How far are you willing to drive? Would you be staying the entire season? I think I'd try various campgrounds until you found a "good fit" before I committed to a seasonal site.

I agree - I always suggest to new campers that they check out different parks around the area to make sure they like the "feel" of the campground before opting to commit to a seasonal spot - of course, that's if you have means to move the trailer :)