New International member

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by danshula, Jan 24, 2006.

1. danshula

danshula
    Expand Collapse

Hi Every one,
    Just joined this forum today and wanted to introduce ourselves.
    Danny and Shula live in Israel next to the beach, 3 kids and 3 grandkids.
    I am an ex airline employee and Shula ex dancing teacher.
    We are rving 5-6 months every summer since 2002, then store the rig and fly home for the winter.
    The next spring we start from the place we stooped last year to explore different states and places.
    Our main interests are, hiking,soaking in natural hot springs,wild life viewing,scuba diving,rafting and meeting people.
    As we visit many C.G we will be more than happy to share our thoughts with the rest of you.
    I still have to learn how to upload pictures but I will get to it soon.
    Many happy trails to you all, see you somewhere sometime.

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to this site. I am not sure but I believe you are the first truly "international" member. On this site, you will find some very helpful folks, many friendly people, and a few old grouches. Overall, however, I think you will find it extremely helpful. Again, welcome!

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Danny and Shula,

Welcome also from the Blue's in FL. We have ran into people who fly over and travel around the states all summer and then return back home to number of places. Most of the RV people from overseas have been to more places then we have. Enjoy the USA!

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Welcome from upstate New York. Hope you and yours enjoy your vacations and travels within the USA, And a wish for "Safe travels".

5. danshula

danshula
    Expand Collapse

Hi and thank you all for the warm welcome.
    Our summer 2006 trip will start in May 2006 by picking the rig from Edmonton Canada, after getting it serviced we will drive to Montana-North Wyoming-S.Dakota-Minnesota and end the trip in October in Thunder Bay Canada.
    I am still working in the route trying not to miss great nature attractions.
    Black hills,Mount Rushmore,Custer S.P,Cattle gathering in Wyoming,canoe trip in Minnesota and meeting some RV friends from previous trips are in our plans.
    If any of you want to a "must see" please do so.
    Thank you.

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

danshula,

You may wish to stop off at Wall Drug Store (free) on I-90 exit 110, Badlands also on exit 110 or 131, Deadwood and Lead good for a day trip up Hwy. 385 from Mt. Rushmore. On Hwy. 385 south of Deadwood you have a old town set up in the 1950 time frame. Deadwood and Lead are mining towns and full of history. At Keystone you have a old steam train to ride. South of Mt. Rushmore on Alt 16 we found road that runs down into Custer State Park. On this road you have three tunnels that line up on Mt. Rushmore, odd view. I would not take a RV down this road only car or truck due to very small roads. Views are great. In Sturgis one week each year you have a million Harley-Davidson motorcycles in town. Rapid City also has some very good museums to tour. If you are on I-90 at exit 332 stop and see Corn Palace (free).

Life is fun on the road!