New Procedure/policy?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jerry S, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I posted my latest park review yesterday and today I received an e-mail from the Webmaster titled "Review Activated" and labeled "Automated E-mail". The e-mail basically said the my review was posted, listed a link to see it, and thanked me for the review. I have never received an e-mail like this on any of my previous reviews and I don't think it has been more than a week or two since my last review prior to this one. I don't recall getting one of these e-mails for that review. So, is this a new policy or procedure or did I miss something in the past few weeks? If it is something new, I am wondering why it is being done? No problem with it, just curious.

Jerry S.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

It appears to be a new policy, as I got an email, too for a review that I posted! Wow, isn't that neat????

JJ

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Dec 3 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]14312[/snapback]

I posted my latest park review yesterday and today I received an e-mail from the Webmaster titled "Review Activated" and labeled "Automated E-mail". The e-mail basically said the my review was posted, listed a link to see it, and thanked me for the review. I have never received an e-mail like this on any of my previous reviews and I don't think it has been more than a week or two since my last review prior to this one. I don't recall getting one of these e-mails for that review. So, is this a new policy or procedure or did I miss something in the past few weeks? If it is something new, I am wondering why it is being done? No problem with it, just curious.

Jerry S.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We are going camping Friday morning to two new spots and I will be posting reviews and will check on this. You know we should really appreciate the folks who run this site and do so much for the RV'ing public out there. If you read this THANK YOU.

4. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Dec 3 2008, 11:12 PM) [snapback]14314[/snapback]

We are going camping Friday morning to two new spots and I will be posting reviews and will check on this. You know we should really appreciate the folks who run this site and do so much for the RV'ing public out there. If you read this THANK YOU.

Feedback was added to the review process this week, so that reviewers get a notification when their reviews are approved and online. Some users may also get a notice if there are certain problems with their reviews, these messages will have links to the pending review that will allow reviewers to correct the problems and re-submit the review.

More really neat stuff coming soon...

5. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 4 2008, 03:47 AM) [snapback]14315[/snapback]

Feedback was added to the review process this week, so that reviewers get a notification when their reviews are approved and online. Some users may also get a notice if there are certain problems with their reviews, these messages will have links to the pending review that will allow reviewers to correct the problems and re-submit the review.

More really neat stuff coming soon...

Webmaster, thank you, that's a great idea. I don't submit a whole lot of reviews, but the one's I have I often forget to go back and see if they ever got posted or not, so this new feature is definitely a nice addition. I look forward to seeing what's to come in the future.

You've done a great job with this website and it's one of my favorite and it's really one of the easiest websites to navigate. Thank you for a job well done.

6. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Wish there was a way we could donate like most other sites like this let you do (or did I miss that somewhere?).

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

HappiestCamper,

Can I sent you my address? We need more diesel fuel, so send the money soon. LOL

8. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I just did 2 reviews from this weeks trip and got the notifications within 30 minutes. Neat.