New Rv Parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Big Moose, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Big Moose

Big Moose
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone else notice that many people seem reluctant to post parks that have never been reviewed? I know that is a very subjective observation, but as full timers we visit any number of never reviewed parks in a year, which we post. It then seems that it isn't long before other reviews of those parks are posted. It occurs to me that many more parks would be listed if only members would post the unreviewed parks they visit. Anyone else share this view, have another take on this, or feel that I am off base? I could, in a way make the same comment about the forum, as I am a person who reads it but very seldom posts to it. Anyway, is there something we could do to encourage more people to post or make it easier for them to post previously unreviewed parks.

2. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

Can RVParkreviews put up parks that don't have reviews? Maybe just the address, website address, and a bunch of "none yet" where the ratings are supposed to be. Of course, that means someone has to go find these parks...

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm not the webmaster, but my guess is that since this website is titled rvparkreviews he actually wants reviews for parks not just a list of names.

Also we used to get many more reviews for new (not listed here) parks, but they have dropped off recently. I don't know why. I thought that maybe with 12,000 parks listed there weren't any more "new" ones out there. :D

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's a "reluctance" to post reviews about "new" parks, but keep in mind, many people use this site as their primary source to find their next park destination. That being said, once a park has been added, that may give the users a new option to look at, and so more reviews follow.

I've already added one new park and I know of another that isn't listed. I keep trying to find an excuse to stop in and look around to at least get a feel for it and post a review.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The "new" campgrounds come in as groups from all over the place across USA, Canada, and Mexico. Then it stops. We see older campgrounds reviews for some point in time and then new campgrounds will come in again. It may be people find new places but I read reviews that say "we have been coming here over ten years" and they have wrote up other campgrounds. This item is hard to understand. We have lots of room here for more campgrounds so send them in.

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

As parks get reviewed, the supply of unreviewed parks get smaller and smaller. I have noticed myself that many of the parks we visit have already been reviewed whereas this wasn't the case years ago. This is a good thing and not a problem. I think most of the commonly reviewed parks are aleady done. The smart phones will be taking over this type of thing in years to come and I'd love to see this site's information easier to get on the smart phones and have it hooked up to the phone's GPS for instant checking.

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Nov 23 2010, 09:23 PM) [snapback]24960[/snapback]

...I know of another that isn't listed. I keep trying to find an excuse to stop in and look around to at least get a feel for it and post a review...

Well said Fitzjohnfan. I too know of several that are not listed. However most are from areas of the country where I used to tent camp with a jeep or pack horse. Probably best if these are left unlisted.

Besides, I'm just not as welcomed there in my current 'camping' mode: driving a big bus with tow car :lol: Sort of ruins the ambiance a tad.

Who knows, may end up back on a pack mule after this is all said and done. B)

8. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's a "reluctance" to post reviews about "new" parks, but keep in mind, many people use this site as their primary source to find their next park destination. That being said, once a park has been added, that may give the users a new option to look at, and so more reviews follow.

I think what I am going to say is the same thing, but here goes. Many of us use rvparkreviews almost exclusively to find campgrounds. The last thing we want to do when we arrive in a new area is to end up in a less than desireable rv park. As we go back to an area we tend to go to the same places where we were satisfied. The end result is that we normally would not stay at a park that has not been reviewed at least once. Maybe I will resolve next year to be more adventursome.

9. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Nov 24 2010, 04:22 PM) [snapback]24965[/snapback]

I too know of several that are not listed. However most are from areas of the country where I used to tent camp with a jeep or pack horse. Probably best if these are left unlisted.

Foster, I'm guessing the places you used to camp were "free" or very close to free, such as BLM land and such. I would reccomend you maybe post these places on this site:
    http://www.freecampgrounds.com/

I'ts not as easy to use as this site, but makes a good resource to find these "open" camping areas if they are somewhat established. I've posted a couple of free campgrounds there that I've found here in Colorado.

10. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Learned about this free campgrounds site (was it JJ or Pianotuna...hmmm, don't remember) but have not really perused it before. Pretty interesting, thanks for the reminder.

Wow, none of my old haunts are currently listed. Possibly not accessable any more??? Like you noted, would have to check these out before posting. Cool.
    B)

11. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Since I've been posting reviews, I THINK..... I've sent in about...... eight...... parks that hadn't been reviewed before. I'm not shy about doing that!

Go check Craig, Missouri for OUTBACK RV park. I stumbled on that park last year when I was desperate and there wasn't an RV park for MILES!!!!! I reviewed it, and sent it in. Of course.... I THINK..... the Admins would appreciate it if you hunt down the phone number and website and don't make THEM have to hunt it down.....when you submit a previously unreviewed park....

JJ

12. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I must admit that I have been very remiss about reviewing places. If there are many other reviews, I frequent don't do it. If we don't have a good internet connections for a few days, I jest forget. What I need to do is write down thee review in word processing and then post them when I get a good internet connection.

13. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I don't have any problems rating a never before rated park. In fact sometimes I go back and see if anyone has come to that park and see what they say about it. There are several no one was gone to yet.

I don't review ones that have lots of posting the same year. No since rehashing the same stuff. Although a guy on a HDT forum asked for people with HDTs to put down if the campground was HDT friendly and easy to get around in and out. So will have to do more of that.

14. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bob-Linda @ Nov 23 2010, 08:51 PM) [snapback]24956[/snapback]

Does anyone else notice that many people seem reluctant to post parks that have never been reviewed? I know that is a very subjective observation, but as full timers we visit any number of never reviewed parks in a year, which we post. It then seems that it isn't long before other reviews of those parks are posted. It occurs to me that many more parks would be listed if only members would post the unreviewed parks they visit. Anyone else share this view, have another take on this, or feel that I am off base? I could, in a way make the same comment about the forum, as I am a person who reads it but very seldom posts to it. Anyway, is there something we could do to encourage more people to post or make it easier for them to post previously unreviewed parks.

Bob/Linda:

We have found this to be true as well. We full time and I suppose we've rated a dozen newer parks or non-posted facilities over the years.

We find that the best source for finding newer facilities and/or facilities that may not be posted here is through the folks who write the Big Rigs Book. www.big-rigs-rv.com We've never gone wrong with their research and find them more than helpful in finding facilities via their web site, book and/or e-mail.

They should have their newest edition ready (2011) in a few weeks I suspect and would be well worth the money to buy one (regardless of your rigs size).