New Smyrna Beach, FL

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Stella, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Stella

Stella
    Expand Collapse

We are looking for a campground on or near the coast of Florida that is somewhere between the Canaveral National Seashore and St. Augustine. I can only find an old review for New Smyrna Beach. Any ideas? We have a 30 ft. 5th wheel and a roof mounted satellite so trees in the southwest are a problem. Thanks.

2. cquinn5

cquinn5
    Expand Collapse

Stella,
    I can recomend a camping resort in Titusville even though it is a little south of where you want to be. The Great Outdoors is one of the finest RV resorts in the country 10-10-10 in Trailer Life. We moved here 2 years ago and it is the nicest place we have ever stayed.
    Cliff & Karen Quinn :D

3. Stella

Stella
    Expand Collapse

Hey Cliff and Karen,

Thanks for the recommendation, I saw this campground on line and was really impressed until I saw that dogs weren't allowed on the nature trails. That's a problem for us since we have two that need to be walked every day. But thanks for the recommendation.

Stella

4. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Stella:

If you want something on the beach, I would recommend the Beverly Beach Camptown near Flagler Beach. This park has no trees and would not interfere with your satellite, and is directly on the oceanfront. It is one of the few parks in Florida that has direct, unhindered oceanfront locations. :rolleyes:

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Stella,

We have spend a lot of time in this park. I do not understand the part about no dogs on nature trails. I have walked trails a number of times and I see people with dogs all the time. Rule number (12) covers this item but no talk of dogs on trails in rules. It is a great park and the trails are a great place to walk. I see people walking dogs all over the park, you only need to clean any mess they make. It is in the top 25 parks in USA and this is very true. Very nice people in park.

6. Stella

Stella
    Expand Collapse

John,

Thanks for the response. Here's the quote from their website:

"A portion of the nature trail is lit at night with low voltage lighting; and owners and guests may walk, jog, bicycle or drive their golf cart on the trails - however, pets are not permitted as their scent may ward off the deer and other natural habitants." So maybe it is a small portion that they don't allow pets? In any event, I will check with them to verify. Thanks for the input.

Stella

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Stella,

The parts I walked in did not have lights. Trails run all over the place. At night deer walk around in park and you can walk up to one, no problem. You will see five or six together walk around. I think most people would walk dogs late in day before night time. About everyone has a dog and people walk them all the time. I think you would have a great time in this small city. It takes a long time to walk around the hold park due to the size.

Have a great time!