New To Camping-travel-working

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by wmburgbear, Jan 8, 2012.

1. wmburgbear

wmburgbear
    Expand Collapse

I recently purchased a motor home in that I am a transient worker. I am a USA citizen but work in three different cities and do not like hotels. I like the nature and I just sold my a primitative cabin in the woods that was my home.
    I do not like spending money on something to sit and rot while I am away or to be broken into and my things stolen.
    So, I am going to buy a camper. The price range I have allows me to buy a 10 year or older camper. I am going to buy a nice one that has been garaged. Parks are stating they can not be older than 10 years old.
    Other camp grounds say that you can not live and work in the camp ground. Like I stated it is a three to six month job and in two separate cities.
    I would like feed back from those that have some ideas on what I can do to make this work before buying a camper.

2. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

Parks are stating they can not be older than 10 years old.

While there are resort parks that rigidly enforce a 10 year rule, many others do not have such restrictions. If you look further there is no doubt you could find a suitable commercial campgroun

Other camp grounds say that you can not live and work in the camp ground.

Most campgrounds/rv parks will not allow you to operate a business with public personal contact from your rv - phone/computer work is done all the time. There are many people who stay in rv parks and get up and go to work every morning. Since we tend to stay a month or longer in each park when we travel and prefer mid level rv parks, most of our neighbors are working folks. Restrictions/conflicts are normally not an issue except when construction workers have a lot of tools, equipment, and materials they want to store with their rv site.

Good luck with your plans.

3. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I work in an office in the winter months of one of the 10 rule park. Here the RV is checked out and if it looks okay the owner can come in. There are lots of over 10 year old RVs in this park. They are well taken care of.

Haven't come across a park in the summer jobs that even has the 10 year rule on RVs.

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(wmburgbear @ Jan 8 2012, 07:04 AM) [snapback]28562[/snapback]

...it is a three to six month job and in two separate cities.

What are the two cities?
    Folks here could give insights on parks/campgrounds in those areas, from an RV'er perspective for you. Some areas of this great country are lean on good RV parks, while others have all kinds.

We've been fulltiming for 5 years, mostly on the West Coast. Some RV parks out here, are strictly set up for vacationers. But there always seems to be a couple in the same region that welcome working folks. Morro Bay, Pismo Beach area is a good example. But we found a fabulous park that was chuck full of working folks, with clean and neat rigs of all ages.