New To The Forum

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by kid2texas, Apr 5, 2006.

1. kid2texas

kid2texas
    Expand Collapse

hello everyone
    I hope to add a bunch of new reviews once I get it all figured out, we do a lot of camping here around the memphis area that includes Arkansas, Mississippi and down to the gulf coast. I hope I can fill you in on the good spots and ones that are not so good.
    Jim

Attached Files:

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jim,

Welcome to the RV board. It is good that you can update this board with more good site to visit. We go into Memphis from time to time to eat the good Bar-Q you all have. Have fun on the road.

3. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Welcome kid2texas don't worry it wont be long and you'll have it all figured out....lol it seems like i spend alot of time cruising this site for info and reviews all the time........my wife thinks i left her....LOL but It's getting so close to camping season We can't wait. My son keeps asking if he can camp in the driveway....LOL Well happy trails to you and your family....and this summer we are planning on being down in TN over the july 4th week.

4. kid2texas

kid2texas
    Expand Collapse

thanks everyone, i put my first one on Loretta Lynns, she has made some great changes there and we love the place. I have a few around Memphis you want to avoid. I will try and get a few more in this weekend. we just got from florida and we stayed at a nice place inMontgomery Alabama for one night called Capital City RV.
    take care.

5. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

kid2texas

We are planning on the pigeon forge area, as we are celebrating our sons Birthday. And he wants to go there, He will be 10 on the 4th of July!!!! We were in the area 11 years ago but not in the camper as we were honeymooning then LOL Its beautiful down there can't wait til we can go.....:) Happy Trails

6. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Kid2Texas - welcome to the forum. Are you a Texan? I am a transplanted one.
    I look forward to reading your posts and reviews. John Blue, isn't that a little far to drive for BBQ??? I can understand it though - you just cannot get good BBQ here in Denver - I do miss it!!!

7. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Welcome,

Will be looking forward to your postings, as we are always looking for information on many different topics, and opinions. Again, welcome to the forum.

8. kid2texas

kid2texas
    Expand Collapse

Thanks again for the welcome, yes my wife is from west Texas and I grew up in southern Ohio but ended up in texas in the Army and thats were we met. Moved to Memphis about 10 years ago and love it.. We have two great Kids Austin & Savannah. My next review will be on Beach lake is just east of Jackson Tn.. real pretty sites a few locals but a lot of sites on the water and then after that my favorite next to Loretta Lynns is Natchez Trace (pin oak) very well kept, lots of water sites pull thru's and lots of woods... Ok I need to put this in the right spot but you get the idea.
    Thanks everyone and if you are coming through Memphis let me know and I can hook you up on the good spots and safe spots...
    Jim

9. gohogs34

gohogs34
    Expand Collapse

Jim, we also lived in Memphis for 25+ years and now live in Tipton county away from Willie World. We go to the Little Red River in Heber Springs staying at JFK in section D. For a State park this is one of the best local (150 miles) park. It has trees everywhere and you can't hardly see your neighbor next to you and great trout fishing also. We have a friend that loves the Trace and would like to go there when we get tired of camping in AR. although we have been camping in AR. for 40+ years. Continue to fill me in on your CG reviews, with gas going hiGHer, I will need some local CG. Have a GREAT camping!

10. kid2texas

kid2texas
    Expand Collapse

you bet Go hogs.... I will have to try that one out.. we go to the Dam site a lot at Heber but will have to try the other.... Natchez Trace (pin oak campground) is only a few years old but man you will like it lots of trees big sites nice view of the lake.
    We may be going there next weekend. Willie is a trip for sure along with the crazy ford family... I live out in Lakeland so I dont have to worry about them..
    take care.
    Jim

11. stlred

stlred
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kid2texas @ Apr 7 2006, 06:01 AM) [snapback]3861[/snapback]

you bet Go hogs.... I will have to try that one out.. we go to the Dam site a lot at Heber but will have to try the other.... Natchez Trace (pin oak campground) is only a few years old but man you will like it lots of trees big sites nice view of the lake.
    We may be going there next weekend. Willie is a trip for sure along with the crazy ford family... I live out in Lakeland so I dont have to worry about them..
    take care.
    Jim

Hi, I am new to this forum also. We are going to DC this year and have been alot of places also. I enjoy hearing everyones info an all the campgrounds and thought maybe I could help others out since everyone has helped us out so much on where to stay. In fact I get all our campgrounds off the campground forums. Hope my info helps too. So I just wanted to say a big thanks to all of you who have helped my family have great vacations. I just wish I could remember all those who have helped. You have know idea how important it is to find a good place to stay when you have know idea where you are going. On the other hand I bet you do know how important it is. We are from St. Louis so if I can ever help just let me know.
    :D
    Go Cardinals

12. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

hi kid2texas
    welcome to the form. we are fairly new campers also (1 year). wanted to tell you we are from texas also. have lived all over the state, houston,tyler austin,san angelo, mcallen and several other places when we were younger. now residing in north carolina. if you come this way we might be able to give you some help with campgrounds.
    we get to memphis about twice a year, but don't usually bring the trailer because of the free rooms a tunica