New York Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by carol, Aug 22, 2009.

1. carol

carol
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, we are looking for a campground where hubby can do his fishing in the southern Catskill area. We are in a class A, and I would appreciate electric/sewer hook up or dump station nearby. Would like campground on or very near lake or river fishing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

we camp at catskill mountain resort. it has a fishing lake with some nice bass in it. catch and release. it's about 30 to 40 min from the delaware river. there are a few lakes in the area.
    it is off of rt 17, the qwickway, between middletown and monticello. they have full hookups.

3. carol

carol
    Expand Collapse

Thanks dog bone, my husband wanted to use his NY fishing license and wanted to be on the Delaware or Neversink river. We have tentatively booked the one on the Delaware. Crossing my fingers that this will be a nice campground. Owner said hubby can fish right from our site. If we keep reservation, I will post review on it.

4. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

there are a few there. if you give me the name i might know it. american family campground is on the neversink. they got flooded out last spring. our campground took in some of the people. i don't know if they where able to get reopened.
    we stayed at kittatiny in barryville. water and electric only. it is on the delaware. i don't know what kind of rig you have, but some of the sites up on the hill are tough to get into. it is more of a canoe trip campground. that is what we did. they also have one in matamoris, pa. that is also on the river.
    an ironworker friend of mine stays on the delaware accrossed from hancock, ny. that is a nice campground, but the name escapes me.

5. carol

carol
    Expand Collapse

We are going to Oxbow Campgrounds in East Branch, the other one we were interested in was Oakland Valley Campground in Cuddlebackville. Hubby decided on Oxbow. Do you know anything on Oxbow?

6. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

we stayed there years ago for a weekend. as i remember it was a very nice campground. they kept it spotless. not even a cigarette on the ground. we where in a grassy field by a big pavilion. we had a pop up, so i don't remember about a sewage line. went to deposit for the annual lumberjack festival and deposit days. it is about a mile or so from the delaware. plenty of places to fish.

if you have time check out where my friend stays for the next time. it is right a crossed the bridge from hancock. cross over the bridge and make a left, just after the sport shop, down into the campground. it is right on the river. the owner is a retired ironworker. his name is ricky. my friends name is jerry, he was an ironworker too. tell them bob allwood told you about it. jerry is very in to fishing. he'll hook you up. no pun intended.

the one in cuddybackville i don't know about.
    let me know how the make out. have fun.

7. carol

carol
    Expand Collapse

You're thinking of another campground. I saw a birdseye view of the Oxbow Campground and it was right on the Delaware. Still waiting on the campground map to get emailed to me. Mr said he will have his wife do that today or Friday morning. Would like to were we would be parked. All sites are full hookup which surprised me being on the Delaware. We will be there the first weekend of October. Let you all know how the camping was when we return.

8. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(carol @ Sep 3 2009, 08:21 PM) [snapback]18752[/snapback]
    You're thinking of another campground. I saw a birdseye view of the Oxbow Campground and it was right on the Delaware. Still waiting on the campground map to get emailed to me. Mr said he will have his wife do that today or Friday morning. Would like to were we would be parked. All sites are full hookup which surprised me being on the Delaware. We will be there the first weekend of October. Let you all know how the camping was when we return.

sorry carol. your right . it's been a while. it is the same campground we stayed at. i brought up their web site. i go up rt 17 with the delaware on my left and made the turn onto rt 30. i didn't know that the river behind them was the east branch. i was thinking of the bigger river.
    as i said earlier, it was a really nice campground. this is their web site if you don't already have it.http://www.oxbowcampsites.com . it took me while to find it. seems like no one wrote a review on it. again have fun.

9. carol

carol
    Expand Collapse

Hey dog bone,

We made it to the campground. I put in review on it. Stayed there for 4 nights, did some sight seeing, hubby did fishing which he enjoyed thoroughly. We have a campfire all the nights we can. Well, we were relaxing in front of the slowly dying campfire when my collie decided she wanted to play with a skunk that was passing through the site. Now with the smell of skunk in the air, I couldn’t tell if she actually got sprayed. (I saw her go to sniff at this waddling black puff) I guess I didn’t want to admit it. We went into the MH and lit odor neutralizing candles for just in case. Next morning didn’t smell skunk, thought all was over… went outside for about 15 minutes then opened door to MH to go back in… puuuuuuuuuu!!!! She got sprayed! Damage already done, but the smell of skunk was still outside…it was hard to tell. Maybe under the back of the MH got sprayed also. Later in the afternoon I looked out window and spotted a skunk coming out from under the shed that was only about six feet from the fire pit. (We suspect its home was there, on a seasonal sight) We stayed one more night with all candles going. When we got home I put together Dawn, peroxide and baking soda and her bath started…..my poor puppy going on 9 years old, this was the first time she got sprayed. Mixture worked great, I may have to do her mane again. MH is airing. Tried a commercial chemical that works for severe odors, but not quite working. Any suggestions on what can be used without ruining fabrics in RV. I’m going to store to find large odor neutralizing candles. Even with the skunk problem, we enjoyed the campground very much. It’s exactly what we were looking for. If I did it right I tried to attach after bath and after complete blow dry. She must have been happy to have bath, took almost 4 hours from bath to dry.

Carol

[attachmentid=179]

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      557.5 KB
      Views: