Newbie Looking For Rv Purchase Advice

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by dennylm, Sep 29, 2006.

1. dennylm

dennylm
    Expand Collapse

I just found and joined this site the other day and have enjoyed the forum immensely! What a GREAT way to learn the ropes!

My wife and I have an old 1993 Class C we've enjoyed learning with and are now considering purchasing a Class A. I THINK we want gas vs. diesel (opinions?), 36 to 38 foot length (opinions?) and want to keep it under $150k. We won't be full-timing, but will both be retired and plan to use it a lot.

I've been sort of eyeballing a Magellan by Four Winds (Thor).

I know this is like asking everyone who the best baseball team is :D ! Any strong opinions/reasons?

Thanks ahead of time and safe RVing!

Denny

2. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dennylm @ Sep 29 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]5160[/snapback]

I just found and joined this site the other day and have enjoyed the forum immensely! What a GREAT way to learn the ropes!

My wife and I have an old 1993 Class C we've enjoyed learning with and are now considering purchasing a Class A. I THINK we want gas vs. diesel (opinions?), 36 to 38 foot length (opinions?) and want to keep it under $150k. We won't be full-timing, but will both be retired and plan to use it a lot.

I know this is like asking everyone who the best baseball team is :D ! Any strong opinions/reasons?

Denny

yes, newmar our team. sorry my typing off as surgery on right hand. we really like our newmar class a gas 38'. we have mountain aire and dutch star nice too. 38' biggest i would go...gas. you can get a resale newmar for that price...not sure of new prices. friends bought a 2007 gas winnebago adventurer recently...price? and they love floorplan on 38T but think that floorplan love hate thing which might be why price/availability good.

jmo

3. dennylm

dennylm
    Expand Collapse

Thanks jmo! I'll give Newmar a look-see. I had looked at Winnebago but the Suncruiser that caught my attention went for around $173k, gas.

Again, thanks for the help jmo!

Denny

4. gsbogart

gsbogart
    Expand Collapse

:ph34r: QUOTE(dennylm @ Sep 29 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]5160[/snapback]

Denny

Denny
    Go to PPLMOTORHOMES.COM and look at what they have to offer. A lot of good deals.

Gary