Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by yaxche, Sep 24, 2006.

1. yaxche

yaxche
    Expand Collapse

6 months ago my mother sold her house and I sold mine. We bought a 28 foot Gulfstream and took off. My children have gotten over of the shock of mom and grandma running away from home. I haven't gotten over the shock of trying to drive a vehicle larger than a Dodge Dakota but even though I don't know what I am doing I am learning. This is a great website and has been very useful. I submitted several reviews and I am sure that they will show up eventually. We traded in the Gulfstream and picked up a Holiday Rambler in Illinois. I went from 28 feet to 34 so I am definitely learning something. I am very confused on diesel. I have a 2007 Coach but when I went to fill up it said not to use for 2007 models. I grabbed my book and it says to use "low sulfur #2 diesel fuel or #1 and #2 commercial winter blend diesel." So my question is what the hec do I use? I did fill up once with low sulfur #2 and figured out I don't want to use the quick fuel. If anyone has an answer to this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The new 2007 diesel engines now need S15 fuel or ultra low sulfur fuel to keep the catalytic exhaust emission out of trouble. You can find this fuel at the Flying-J or any large truck stop. You will see a label on fuel pumps about this information. Sulfur is good for a diesel engine but the EPA said to get the sulfur out of the air, remember no lead gas change over around 1975? Engines from 2006 and down can run about any type of fuel. The #1 and #2 can be ultra low sulfur also. The #1 fuel is used in cold weather due to low waxing point and #2 is the day to day fuel we all use.

Look on internet for "low sulfur diesel fuel" lots of good information on this subject.

Have fun on the road.

3. yaxche

yaxche
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Sep 25 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]5123[/snapback]

The new 2007 diesel engines now need S15 fuel or ultra low sulfur fuel to keep the catalytic exhaust emission out of trouble. You can find this fuel at the Flying-J or any large truck stop. You will see a label on fuel pumps about this information. Sulfur is good for a diesel engine but the EPA said to get the sulfur out of the air, remember no lead gas change over around 1975? Engines from 2006 and down can run about any type of fuel. The #1 and #2 can be ultra low sulfur also. The #1 fuel is used in cold weather due to low waxing point and #2 is the day to day fuel we all use.

Look on internet for "low sulfur diesel fuel" lots of good information on this subject.

Have fun on the road.

Thank You

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Yaxche,

New information on fuel. I was at the Flying-J today to buy some diesel for our tractor and checked the fuel label again. This fuel is Low Sulfur at 500 PPM and will "not" work in a 2007 engine. I asked people inside J what date new fuel would be in tanks and they had no information. I checked the Flying-J web site and no information on that. I sent e-mail to people in Utah to ask for dates on new fuel.

Sorry to give you the wrong information. :( S15 fuel should be ready to go now for the new engines. I will re-post as soon as I receive information from the J.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Yaxche,

I received this e-mail from the Flying-J people in Utah.

-----------
    "Flying J, Inc. is expecting to have ULSD available for retail sales in its travel centers on or about October 15, 2007.

Currently, all our tanks are stickered as non-ULSD.

Most of our sites will offer diesel for both the 2007 and newer/later engines, and diesel for older engines."
    ------------

I read this as a two tank system. One pump will be ULSD and others non-ULSD. I would not run the motorhome on wrong fuel as it may be a problem and high dollars to correct damage. I hope this helps.