Newbies heading to Florida Looking for Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by JDLT, Nov 3, 2023.

1. JDLT

JDLT
    Expand Collapse

We are taking our travel trailer to Florida for the first time this January. Due to work obligations we have to return to Canada for February. We have booked our sites for all of January and after the second week of March.
    I am looking for some suggestion on where to stay in the Clearwater area the first week of March.
    I am also looking for recommendations for trailer storage in the Clearwater area.
    I appreciate any recommendations I receive.

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I can't answer your question but when i was looking in Florida for a rv spot I heard many times, sorry, we are filled for this year. We are now staying in southern California and even here many of the parks are full, not right this moment, but are booked for the winter. We are going to start hunting nice places in Florida for next winter soon.

BankShot likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

As far as trailer storage: maybe call around the parks in the area your looking into, I could be wrong but I would think most parks might have a rv storage lot, probably comes with a monthy fee. Its common in the North East, especially the private parks.

Mike

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  4. tapone

tapone
    Expand Collapse

We have stated at Wild Frontier RV Resort in Ocala the past 2 winters. Our son is getting married in Feb. so not going south this winter. Nice campground, gated, many activities. They usually have sited in March as many start to leave... Close to lots of things, Silver Springs, an hour or so to Orlando. Clearwater Beach is maybe an hour away.

5. Robert Roberts

Robert Roberts
    Expand Collapse

We’ve been going south for many years, several times touring most of Florida, even staying in a few sites in Florida while we looked. Using our tow vehicle to travel out further and check most of the rest of Florida. We found the Florida sites where a lot more expensive, alot , smaller, humidity levels, considerably higher, causing mold, and other problems. As others have said, usually booked up. We went just a little further west to Alabama. The weather is not quite as warm as in central and lower Florida But it’s still very nice. The cost is much less thanFlorida, sites are usually much larger. And there are more availabilities. But as I said, the weather is not quite as nice so you don’t have the 80 and 90° days that you do in southern and mid Florida .

6. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I don't know much about Florida parks, but on a recent visit with a friend in Cape Coral, i noticed a new park near her home had just opened up. It was just completed last year, but stayed closed to house displaced families from the recent hurricane. it just opened up to the public in the last few months. check out Tranquility Lakes Resort.