Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by chuck & lynn, Aug 27, 2007.

1. chuck & lynn

chuck & lynn
    Expand Collapse

I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD CAMPGROUND IN THE NIAGARA FALLS AREA, I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL HANDLE A 40 FT MOTORHOME. WE DO NOT NEED ANYTHING FOR KIDS, JUST TWO ADULTS, BUT WE DO NEED 50 AMP SERVICE. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME HELP ON FINDING A GREAT CAMPGROUND. SOME OF THE REVIEWS THAT I HAVE READ HAVE ME VERY CONFUSED, SOME PEOPLE LIKE THEM AND SOME DON'T, NOT SURE WHERE TO STAY, AND IF I SHOULD STAY ON THE AMERICAN SIDE OR ON THE CANADIAN SIDE.

THANKS LYNN

2. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

We just returned from the falls at the end of july. i would definately stay on the canadian side.
    we stayed at jellystone park. it was not bad. They should be able to handle your coach easily. the prime draw was that they had a shuttle to the transportation center at the falls wnere you could get the people mover to get around. Cars are not easy to get around the falls area with . We bought tickets that let us into four areas and allowed us all day access to the people mover to go whereever it went as much as we wanted. Then you could buy extra tickets for the other things that you wanted to see.
    we were very pleased and thrilled with the whole experience and would like to go back to canada next year again.
    There are a couple of parks out further on lundy lane that looked nice. one i believe was called scotts and the other name i dont remember was a little further out. looked it up in my literature it is campark resorts. on the internet www.campark.com Both looked good.
    There wasnt a bit of trouble going thru customs both ways. took about five minutes both ways. we had our birth certificates and a picture id (drivers license) for wife and i. has the title and registration to the expedition and had the title and registration to the trailer.. When we left jellystone we got a reciept that stated the date we arrived and how long we stayed.
    The parks that we checked out on the american side either were directly on the freeway or crouded or dirty. Fortunately we had some friends who went a little earlie and told us about it.
    We didnt even change any money while we were there for four days. We used our credit cards and debit card. the they get a better exchange rate and are accepted everywhere. Had to make acouple of small purchases and they readidly accepted american money near the falls area.