Niagara's Lazy River Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by stanleee, May 15, 2005.

1. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone ever camped there? No website and not much in reviews anywhere. Going for Mem. weekend.

2. SharonAG

SharonAG
    Expand Collapse

Hi
    Is it maybe, Niagara's Lazy Lakes on 4312 Church Road in Lewiston, NY?!
    Sharon

3. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

Yes that may be it. Have you been there?

4. SharonAG

SharonAG
    Expand Collapse

Hi
    Yes I have been there. July 4th 04, and just last weekend (5-13+14). It is a nice place. It is a membership park ( I guess that is what you call it.) It is a Resorts of Distinction park. We joined last year. Not sure if you can do a review on membership parks or not. It has 50 full hook ups, 220 partials. Nice heated pool, bathhouses are clean, people are friendly. It's about 15 mins from Niagara Falls.
    Sharon

5. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info Sharon, you took some of the worry from my first camping trip away. Looks like a nice place.Its a member drive so we have to take the presentation. You must have thought it was worth it to join, so I am keeping an open mind.-Stan

6. SharonAG

SharonAG
    Expand Collapse

Let me know when ya get back what you thought. When we joined it was the 4th of July holiday weekend. The campground was full. So don't let that change your mind. What area are you from? We are near Corning NY
    Sharon

7. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

We live in Johnson City-near Binghamton.Since you folks joined have you camped any other ROD campground?They all look nice to me and I have been to some of the nicest in this part of the country,ie:Lake George RV Park, Normandy Farms in Mass, Lake-in-wood in PA. I will let you know what I think. I will probably love it but won't be able to afford the membership :( :(

8. SharonAG

SharonAG
    Expand Collapse

We haven't tried anyother ROD parks yet. We can only travel on weekends. Hope to this summer. We are staying in FL for 2 weeks in July. Yes I know HOT!! But my in laws are there. We are staying at one of the $6 or $10 parks just down the road from them. Might also try some other ROD parks on the way if they aren't to far off the beaten path.

We also have booked a condo through the membership and was very pleased with the process, and also the resort that we stayed at. But had to leave early for fear of the hurricane!

They have lots of other programs that we haven't used yet hotels, golf and so on.

We haven't stayed at any of the parks you mentioned. Have you been to the Turning Stone in Syracuse? That's a 10 for us!!!

Sharon

9. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

I heard Turning Stone was nice and is on my list to try. Its only about 2 hrs from me so I want to check it out.If you camp at any of the places I mentioned you won't be dissapointed. Lake George is expensive but I say you get what you pay for. Have fun in Florida-Stan

10. SharonAG

SharonAG
    Expand Collapse

Hi Stan
    What did you think?
    Sharon

11. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

We thought it was nice and enjoyed our stay. I didn't join because I wouldn't have used it enough to make it worthwhile. Now if it was 2 hrs instead of 4 away I may have! Plus I couldn't absorb another payment at this point.The lady next to us was nice and everything but into everybodys business a little to much for our liking. They seem to keep the place nice and the owners are nice and very good salesmen. I know you will enjoy your membership and maybe we will run into each other camping sometime. I have a 25' Sunnybrook Solanta pulled by a red Ford conversion Van. Nice talking to ya-Stan