North Central Florida Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ragman, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ragman

ragman
    Expand Collapse

We are looking for a campground in the North Central section of Florida that has 50 amp service and with big rig access. Are there any state parks that fit that description?

2. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

we have booked a week at grand lake just above ocala. we were there last year and it was good. also understand that blueberry hill in the same area is nice park. grand lake has a big lake , small golf course and is not too far from ocala. nice people and i think that they can handle any size rig.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Grand Lake RV & Golf Resort at I-75 exit 368 will work very well for you. This place is nice, noise free, and that long pull-thrus sites, very clean, and large 10,000 acre lake. Also look at Oaks "N" Pines RV Park in Lake City. Park on I-10 exit 303.

4. jmanatee

jmanatee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(ragman @ Jan 30 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]5947[/snapback]

We are looking for a campground in the North Central section of Florida that has 50 amp service and with big rig access. Are there any state parks that fit that description?

I have stayed at Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park in Crystal River, I am not sure if that is north enough for you. http://www.rccrvpark.com/ but it is or was a nice park

5. Jackie & Tony

Jackie & Tony
    Expand Collapse

I second Rock Crusher Canyon in Crystal River - it's wonderful. Crystal River has many good RV Parks, the Encore is fabulous as well, and so is Lake Rousseau RV Park, although much smaller they have great activities in the winter and the fishing is very good.