North Pole

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Lucille Moulton, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

This is the sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point.
    And, you also see the sun below the moon an amazing phote and one easily duplicated.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful! It would be even cooler if you said you actually RV'd there and took the picture from your RV! But who wants to RV in 50 below?!?!?!?!?!?? (or whatever it is at the North Pole.....)

JJ :ph34r:

3. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Nov 18 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]9188[/snapback]

Beautiful! It would be even cooler if you said you actually RV'd there and took the picture from your RV! But who wants to RV in 50 below?!?!?!?!?!?? (or whatever it is at the North Pole.....)

I don't know how to RV in the winter. I don't understand how I seeing RV still on the road. And Fred read that someone wanted to come to New York State for Christmas one year. Who is in the North Pole? I did not know that you could drive to the North Pole. Know we have a base up their or was it close. My brother-in-law was in the Air Force. He retied from it. That way the picture came from. DON'T KNOW THAT.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Dec 1 2007, 07:39 AM) [snapback]9302[/snapback]

I don't know how to RV in the winter. I don't understand how I seeing RV still on the road. And Fred read that someone wanted to come to New York State for Christmas one year. Who is in the North Pole? I did not know that you could drive to the North Pole. Know we have a base up their or was it close. My brother-in-law was in the Air Force. He retied from it. That way the picture came from. DON'T KNOW THAT.

I seriously doubt you can "drive" to the North Pole. I'm not aware of any way. I like to RV in the winter, but my limit is down to about 20 degrees. Ok, I have spent ONE night in 10 degree weather, but don't want to do that too often...... Ok, I have also spent ONE night in MINUS TWO weather, don't want to do that EVER again.....

5. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Dec 1 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]9305[/snapback]

I seriously doubt you can "drive" to the North Pole. I'm not aware of any way. I like to RV in the winter, but my limit is down to about 20 degrees. Ok, I have spent ONE night in 10 degree weather, but don't want to do that too often...... Ok, I have also spent ONE night in MINUS TWO weather, don't want to do that EVER again.....
    You must have to run your generater all night and the you furnace. How do you sleep? Dose your fresh water and holding tanks freeze. We are off the road in October and don't go camping until May. Fred drain the water in October. We do not put water into our fresh water tank until May, then we still have to watch the temperater. I don't want to try anything below 50 degrees.

6. Joe-n-Doe

Joe-n-Doe
    Expand Collapse

Actually, there is a North Pole in Fairbanks, Alaska and you can drive to it. You can also drive to thru the Artic Circle as far North as Barrows. I wouldn't want to do it, I've been on the road between Cold Feet and Wiseman. Road conditions were very bad.

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Dec 1 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]9307[/snapback]

You must have to run your generater all night and the you furnace. How do you sleep? Dose your fresh water and holding tanks freeze. We are off the road in October and don't go camping until May. Fred drain the water in October. We do not put water into our fresh water tank until May, then we still have to watch the temperater. I don't want to try anything below 50 degrees.

When I spent the night in MINUS TWO, that was my first RV, didn't have the Arctic package, it was winterized, so I couldn't use the water or toilet. I was at a campground, hooked up to power. I would NEVER try that without being hooked up to power.

When I spent the night in TEN degrees, I was also hooked up to power. I had the current RV with the Arctic package. Wouldn't try that without being hooked up to power.

JJ

8. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I just got back from my most recent cold weather trip. I drove 2500 kilometers. Weather was great for the first 2 days--then the temperature plunged. Trip was 9 days long and I boondocked in Lancer, Calgary, Invermere and Lethbridge.

It cost me about 30 dollars for fuel for my generator on the two nights in Calgary and Lethbridge. I used about 1/2 tank of propane, so I've got enough for one more trip likely. I'll probably fill up propane tank in Minot as US prices are far lower for propane.

When I got home the drain cock for my fresh water tank was frozen so I had to empty the fresh water tank with the pump. I had only used bottled water as the places where I boondocked had water and washrooms, so I disconnected the output side of my pump and used containers to remove the water from the freshwater tank. That way I only have to rewinterize just the pump.

I've added a tiny 8 watt heater to the Fresh water tank area and wedged it in place under the drain cock tube. It will be interesting to find out if on my next trip if it freezes up again. I also added two more 8 watt heaters to the area where the fresh water tube runs to the pump.

The thing I hate most is unpacking the RV after a trip. I do love being on the road!

9. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Nov 18 2007, 05:18 AM) [snapback]9182[/snapback]

This is the sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point.
    And, you also see the sun below the moon an amazing phote and one easily duplicated.

How can you talk like this here.

10. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Nov 18 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]9188[/snapback]

And then start talking like this again.

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

She can talk like the first one because it is copied word for word from the Snopes.com website. Except the Snopes text said it was an amazing photo and one NOT easily duplicated.

Interestingly she did make 2 other posts that were fairly well written. They are in the General Chat Forum under the title "Help with a Damon Challenger" (last post Nov. 4). I don't think those posts came from another source so I am at a loss as to why her grammar deteriorated so much in her later posts--unless she really is trying to put one over on us.

12. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 4 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]9355[/snapback]

She can talk like the first one because it is copied word for word from the Snopes.com website. Except the Snopes text said it was an amazing photo and one NOT easily duplicated.

Interestingly she did make 2 other posts that were fairly well written. They are in the General Chat Forum under the title "Help with a Damon Challenger" (last post Nov. 4). I don't think those posts came from another source so I am at a loss as to why her grammar deteriorated so much in her later posts--unless she really is trying to put one over on us.

I'm not trying to put over anything on anyone. I have a speaker problem very maddly. I mis pronunce words all the time. Peoples do want to take the time to understand. I keep reading my reply so that their are right. How do you look up word went you can not pronuce then?

13. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Well on the topic of cold weather rving, we love to go out in the wintern> Our Foretravel is winter usable. I have been in below zero temps with it. The bays are heated and the aquahot or the in the old one the propane furnace kept everything warm. We love the aquahot since you do not need to use diesel all the time either plugged in you can use electric and it is nice soft warm heat. We have good insulation and double pained windows. In the BOrnfree the 32 or so range is the limit no heated tanks etc.