Now I Get To Use This Forum For Me! :)

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by campergal, Oct 29, 2011.

1. campergal

campergal
    Expand Collapse

So we plan to go **south** this winter...leaving early January and returning late March, in time to start working on our campground opening. Looking forward to using this forum and website to find great campgrounds to try out in our travels!!!

I'll have lots of questions! :D

2. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations on buying your park. A suggestion for you based on a lot of experience with people purchasing a park. Take the maximum amount of time you think it will take you to get ready and open and then triple it. You are going to hit many roadblocks. There will be countless items you didn't think about that will need to be done. There will be countless maintance items and expenses that you didn't foresee. Get it open earlier than your plan is now, even if you have no business, it is much better to be ready than to be scrambling while people are arriving. Good Luck

3. campergal

campergal
    Expand Collapse

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply, actually, we have just celebrated our 10th season celebration for owning our park.

This will be the first time we've had a chance to travel in the winter - daughter just started university so we will have the opportunity to travel. We plan to leave early January, spend a bit of time in South Carolina then head to Florida for this winter - next year, hoping to start moving westwards.

Really looking forward to it!!! :D

We will be home mid March and usually open mid May each year.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

In SC stop off and see Charleston if you have time. Lots to see and do in this place. Savannah would be next on the list of great places to tour as well. Have fun on the road. B)