Observation

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gilda, Jan 28, 2009.

1. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

2. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

I agree with your observation. I think there should be some responsibility on the part of the reviewer to understand where they are staying and what they should expect. I love the people who stay at Key West, or Palm Springs and then complain about high prices. You should expect kids at Disneyland. Most forest service campgrounds do not offer three ring circuses. Deserts are hot and dry. The everglades will be hot, humid and have mosquitos. To get to campgrounds high in the mountains will require you to drive roads with hills. Campgrounds in forests have trees. It will be a long drive to the ocean if you are staying in Kansas. THere will be sand tracked into your RV if you camp on the beach. It really makes me question the entire review if the reviewer complains about the obvious.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gilda @ Jan 28 2009, 08:04 PM) [snapback]14975[/snapback]

I kinda get a kick out of some reviews. Like, the one's that stay at Yogi Bear's or water park resorts and then complain about too many kids all over.

And, the ones that go to South Florida in the winter with children and complain about all the "old people".

Just an observation, for whats it worth. :rolleyes:

Some people are not happy unless they are complaining about something....no pleasing them. They are one in the same, who would complain if they were hung with a short rope....

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Jan 29 2009, 12:57 PM) [snapback]14984[/snapback]

Some people are not happy unless they are complaining about something....no pleasing them. They are one in the same, who would complain if they were hung with a short rope....

I'm complaining because I'm not happy about the complaining. Get the rope Butch. :D

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Jan 29 2009, 06:27 PM) [snapback]14986[/snapback]

I'm complaining because I'm not happy about the complaining. Get the rope Butch. :D

Note, I did not referring to anyone in particular in my posting, but was making a comment as to Gilda's posting. Refer to post # 1. Personally, I did not observe, you RLM, complaining about anything within the observation posting, but if the shoe fits RLM, put it right on !!! GOOD GRIEF !!!

6. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Jan 30 2009, 03:53 PM) [snapback]14991[/snapback]

Note, I did not referring to anyone in particular in my posting, but was making a comment as to Gilda's posting. Refer to post # 1. Personally, I did not observe, you RLM, complaining about anything within the observation posting, but if the shoe fits RLM, put it right on !!! GOOD GRIEF !!!

I think RLM was making a joke.......

But Gilda's original post makes me think of.... I think it was GWBischoff, but not sure, who remarked in a post in a thread a long time ago about "campground expectations"

"It rained, give it a 2...."

GW, or whomever made that post....... It cracks me up! :lol: Whenever I'm in an RV park and it starts raining, my immediate thought is.... "It's raining, I'm gonna give the park a 2...." :D :D

JJ

7. Oregon Ms

Oregon Ms
    Expand Collapse

The ones that drive me crazy are the people who come to Oregon to camp then complain about the trees.

8. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Oregon Ms @ Feb 1 2009, 09:24 PM) [snapback]15020[/snapback]

The ones that drive me crazy are the people who come to Oregon to camp then complain about the trees.

But the trees interfere with my gigantic-normous satellite dish where I can get 965 channels! Therefore, the park should cut the trees down so I can use my satellite!

(Ok, I don't have a satellite, but I've heard from satellite owners that trees interfere.....)

I guess if one's satellite dish is important to one's comfort, don't park near the trees.....

This goes back to another thread a long time ago about "are we camping or are we RV'ing and what is the difference...."

JJ

9. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Oregon Ms @ Feb 1 2009, 11:24 PM) [snapback]15020[/snapback]

The only thing I hate about going to the southern Oregon coast is the trip! But, being there makes up for everything else.

10. Cap'n Easy

Cap'n Easy
    Expand Collapse

As Honest Abe supposedly said, "You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people all of the time." That leaves a LOT of opportunities for whiners.