Ocala Rv Ranch Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by wandering palms, Feb 21, 2006.

1. wandering palms

wandering palms
    Expand Collapse

I was just checking out the new Camp Club USA from Camping world and noticed something interesting. For the Ocala Ranch Park they show their rates as $60-$75 a night, on their own website they show them for $29-$39 a night, in Passport they're $40-$48 a night. Better call to see which price you're going to get if you go there.
    I know a lot of parks inflate their rates a little for the discount clubs but this is getting ridicules.

2. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

For the last couple years I have stayed there during hurricanes and some time in rout to coming back here to SW Florida. This last year when hurricane Wilma was coming I went up there again. Upon checking in I explained that I belonged to Pass Port America. I don't remember the exact amount but it was in the $40s for one night. This is a rate increase of about 300% in a year. They have done little to improve the property. Most sites don't even have a patio. They claim to have a dog run. There is , back in the woods, a fence enclosure that the gate would not close.
    This is the most over price park I have ever stayed in.The price would lead you to believe it would be a really great resort. It is no more than a mediocre camp ground at best.

3. PappaDee

PappaDee
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: BigBen be sure to put your review on the review site since information like this is valuable for those of us searching for a campground. At times we can only go by what is printed on reviews since searching for more information on these forums can sometimes be difficult to locate

4. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Just was on their web site and they are showing rates from $28 to $ 33 a night. Not sure what is going on with their rates.

5. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I called Ocala Ranch today. Their daily Pass port America rates are $20, 30 amp and $24 ,50 amp. That is along way off of the $9.00 the advertised on the web site.

6. california sam

california sam
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Feb 21 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]3550[/snapback]

For the last couple years I have stayed there during hurricanes and some time in rout to coming back here to SW Florida. This last year when hurricane Wilma was coming I went up there again. Upon checking in I explained that I belonged to Pass Port America. I don't remember the exact amount but it was in the $40s for one night. This is a rate increase of about 300% in a year. They have done little to improve the property. Most sites don't even have a patio. They claim to have a dog run. There is , back in the woods, a fence enclosure that the gate would not close.
    This is the most over price park I have ever stayed in.The price would lead you to believe it would be a really great resort. It is no more than a mediocre camp ground at best.

100% Agreement. Ocala Ranch is overpriced for services and grounds. No concrete pads and you can't use rug outside because it will kill their existing (?) grass. No washing vehicles, no heated pool (as advertised), and no cable. We stayed there and will never go back due to bad attitude of management. Every little thing is extra bucks. Much nicer place is Crystal River for extended stay.

7. travelswithdog

travelswithdog
    Expand Collapse

This "overpricing" for Passport America should be reported to PA. I've run into it before--it's Ocala Ranch's way of stealing free advertising from PA. They may NOT have a different price for PA members, if they want to participate in PA. Their regular, drive up rate is where you should start. Suwannee Valley CG in White Springs tried to do this a few years ago, but PA got wind of it, and now they honor the discount as they should.

Remember these campgrounds get a lot of traffic from PA members who would not otherwise choose them. That's what the discount program is all about. They need to keep their end of the bargain. It's OK for a CG to have limits on PA--like no holiday weekends, two night max, etc. But the one thing they can't do is inflate their price so that you're actually paying more than the 50%.

Report 'em!