Oh Boy What A Winter

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by rv1, Feb 19, 2011.

1. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

Lets give a little background 1st. I got a class c motorhome a 08 winnebago outlook bought it new with 400 miles on it from campland in burns harbor ind. This is our 1st rv and we love it but we are new so learning as we go bought it in the 1st part of 09. I thought i smell a rotten egg smell in coach with help from this site and 6 trips yes 6 trips to campland thats is 53 miles one way at 8 miles to the gallon i live in chicago they found that there was a bad seal on one of the burners thak god i complained about this in the 1st year now rv out of warranty but after 3 months it got fixed. So i take it back to storage i am very happy to get my baby back start cleaning the inside try to turn on gen and light nothing i start to lose it. To my dismay i call campland they try to walk me through a few thing last thing they want to see is me again but no quick fix so thake it back to them. They found 2 battery's in coach need to be replaced at $90 each and converter is bad remember coach out of warranty but there is a 2 year warranty on converter so campland has to sent it to manufacture for testing if converter is bad i get a new one free if they find out if something i did i will cost me $400 to have a new one out in. Sorry for the long post was kinda of venting as well but my question is i was thinking of emailing winnebago about their motorhome or would that be a waste of time or is this kinda of normal for motorhomes? I know you do run into problems with rv's but this does seem excessive to me or am i just crazy? :angry:

2. fpullanosr

fpullanosr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rv1 @ Feb 19 2011, 01:36 PM) [snapback]25461[/snapback]

Lets give a little background 1st. I got a class c motorhome a 08 winnebago outlook bought it new with 400 miles on it from campland in burns harbor ind. This is our 1st rv and we love it but we are new so learning as we go bought it in the 1st part of 09. I thought i smell a rotten egg smell in coach with help from this site and 6 trips yes 6 trips to campland thats is 53 miles one way at 8 miles to the gallon i live in chicago they found that there was a bad seal on one of the burners thak god i complained about this in the 1st year now rv out of warranty but after 3 months it got fixed. So i take it back to storage i am very happy to get my baby back start cleaning the inside try to turn on gen and light nothing i start to lose it. To my dismay i call campland they try to walk me through a few thing last thing they want to see is me again but no quick fix so thake it back to them. They found 2 battery's in coach need to be replaced at $90 each and converter is bad remember coach out of warranty but there is a 2 year warranty on converter so campland has to sent it to manufacture for testing if converter is bad i get a new one free if they find out if something i did i will cost me $400 to have a new one out in. Sorry for the long post was kinda of venting as well but my question is i was thinking of emailing winnebago about their motorhome or would that be a waste of time or is this kinda of normal for motorhomes? I know you do run into problems with rv's but this does seem excessive to me or am i just crazy? :angry:

If the Inverter company dosent honor the 2 year warrenty, send a letter to Good Sam and they will get on it. Have you tried putting a claim inwith your extended warrinty company?

If