Ohio Kings Island Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Johnsou1, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Johnsou1

Johnsou1
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good campground near kings island in ohio. we are taking a vacation there and would like some info on somewhere close and nice. Thanks :blink:

2. DaGrinch

DaGrinch
    Expand Collapse

It's been 5 years since I was there, but King's Island has a CG of their own. It was pretty decent, got some decent shade and the sites aren't too cramped or close. Good thing about it is the shuttle to/from the Park.
    My outdated Streets and Trips program only shows King's Island's campground - the next closest is over 6 miles away, north of the Park off I-71.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Their campground no longer exists.

4. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Johnsou1 @ Jun 27 2008, 11:07 AM) [snapback]12078[/snapback]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good campground near kings island in ohio. we are taking a vacation there and would like some info on somewhere close and nice. Thanks :blink:

Kings Island ripped out the campground to build the Wolf Creek Lodge.

There are a couple campgrounds nearby, within 30 miles or so, Winton Woods is a Hamilton Co park, small, water/30A electric hookup and 10 spaces with sewer. Very difficult to get a space and they charge extra for a car pass.
    Clear Creek CG in Lebanon OH, I've never been there, but family and other claim it is nice.
    Spring Valley/Frontier CG in Waynesville OH, an older very tight CG but the newest owners are trying to make changes.
    Olive Branch (I forget where, but it was close and it was worth returning).

5. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

The Kings Island campground closed down long ago. The campground in Lebanon would be the closest location but I've never been there so you will have to go by the reviews.

IMO, Winton Woods is just too far out of the way and would require traveling Cincinnati expressways to and from the park, which you don't want to do during rush hour.

We've spent a number of weekends at Caesar Creek, up by Wilmington. The reviews sum it up pretty well and it would make a nice base camp about 30 minutes away. If you plan to visit the area on a weekend, you will need to make reservations at Caesar Creek. The place fills up to capacity almost every weekend, though you will have it to yourself if there in the middle of the week.

Christopher