OK, I'm Bragging a Bit

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Jerry S, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Most times, when I go to the home page on this site and start checking the recently posted reviews, I'll notice if there are many for parks that I have been to out of the 25 per page. I almost always see a couple and often see more than 5 during the summer on one page. Tonight, about 9 P.M., I finally saw 10 parks I have been to on a single page. In fact, the page started out with 4 parks in a row. Admittedly, of the total of 10, a couple of the parks (one in CA and one in VT) were parks I stayed at well before (last century) I joined this site.

I am about to head off for our typical fall trip down to the Gulf coast with the potential for heading west (as far as maybe AZ and UT) from there as we have done a couple times on our fall trips in recent years. Then, it is home in November for that long winter's nap.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Have a great trip. Stay safe.

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Jerry S -

If by chance you do make it as far west as AZ and would care to spend some time on the desert in a truly great campground, I'd like to recommend checking out Gilbert Ray Campground, just west and a tad south of Tucson. Take Hwy 86 (the Ajo Hwy as it's called) west to So. Kinney Road. Turn right and it's only a few miles up the road. I doubt you'd have any problems finding it as the directions are really simple, etc. It's a beautiful campground with 30 amp power and water spigots placed conveniently throughout the area. And they have a dump station as well. For $20 a night you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. And there are some neat attractions close by to visit which again you will find out about when you get there. It's one of our favorite places, we go there every Feb. to unwind. If you can get up near the top of A loop the views are wonderful but they ain't too shabby everywhere else either. No reservations, first come basis. Oh, and be careful a cactus doesn't jump out and bite you on the leg when you're taking those leisurely strolls and/or hikes. Hmm, I'll probably get a response telling me you've been there before so everything I've said is old hat to you............... :rolleyes:

Travel safe and enjoy your trip.................Bankshot

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to both of you (Texasrvers and BankShot)) for your well wishes. Even though the current low gas prices would make going an extra 1500 miles west on this trip, I don't think we are up for it. I did check out that Gilbert Ray park in AZ. Unfortunately, it is not our cup of tea. After 20 years of tent camping in the 70s and 80s, we turned soft when we got our first RV in 1990. So, we prefer FHU and some nice amenities in any park where we spend more than a day Also, since we do not tow, we usually don't plant ourselves in a base camp and do day trips.