Oklahoma Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by RamTough, Jan 30, 2006.

1. RamTough

RamTough
    Expand Collapse

I am planning a trip to the eastern side of Ok. I am wondering if anyone has good or bad things to say about any campgrounds near Gore. I want to ride RT 66 from Vinta to OK City, visit the Tall Grass Preserve, and Cherokee Heritage. Thank you all for any and all help in this matter.

Attached Files:

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about any of the campgrounds in that area, but might I suggest that you visit the Oklahoma City Memorial while you are in the area. My cousin lost her 2 sons in the bombing, they were ages 2 and 3. The memorial is so beautiful. We went shortly after it opened and searched the 168 "chairs" for Colton and Chase's chairs, which we found before we discovered that they do have maps. It really is something that you should see.

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I usually do not recommend KOA campgrounds but, near Gore, in the town of Sallisaw, is an exception. This campground has nice, wide sites, good ingress and egress, is as neat as a pin, and is run by an extremely nice couple who really work hard to make your stay pleasant. I know you will like this place!