Old Mill Stream Camp Ground, Lancaster Pa

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by MO Gal, Aug 30, 2007.

1. MO Gal

MO Gal
    Expand Collapse

I have reservations at the Old Mill Stream campground Sept 13th. Wondered if anyone has ever stayed there. Also where would be a good place to stay between St Louis and York PA. First time out of the state of Missouri in a motor home!

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

If you will go the RV Park Reviews portion of this website, you will find twenty four(24) reviews on this excellent park.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I would like at add one item. Take your tow and travel east of Lancastor 10 to 15 miles and see Anish farmlands and other very nice RV parks in and around Lancastor. This is a great place to tour. In late fall, trees are very nice. Enjoy the place.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We stayed about15 miles east of there at Beacon Hill Campground and it was wonderful. You are in the heart of the Amish farms. My wife woke me up at about 3 AM for me to look out the back window overlooking this wonderful Amish farm. It is located about 500 yards from the town of Intercourse (Hey that’s the town’s name.) It is run by a young couple and very clean and extra service. They have a lower area and an upper area. We preferred the upper area for the view. Wonderful restaurants in the area also as well as an Amish experience site.

5. AnthonyNYC

AnthonyNYC
    Expand Collapse

We just stayed there and the last long review is mine. We loved it and even though it lacked a pool etc we rated it a 10. Very peaceful and quiet. The kids loved it since it's close to Dutch Wonderland.

Have fun and please post your feedback after staying there!

Anthony

6. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MO Gal @ Aug 31 2007, 12:35 AM) [snapback]8211[/snapback]

I have reservations at the Old Mill Stream campground Sept 13th. Wondered if anyone has ever stayed there. Also where would be a good place to stay between St Louis and York PA. First time out of the state of Missouri in a motor home!

Old Mill Stream is a very nice campground, but just so you know, it's located on what could be called " a strip" of Route 30 that is made up of restaurants, hotels, shopping outlets and other tourist attractions and sits right next to a small amusement park called Dutch Wonderland.

The campground itself has an access road that is about 1/4 mile long off of Route 30...so, there is some traffic noise, but none that would be very distracting.

The sites are rather nice, but not a lot of privacy between them.

There is really not a lot to do at the campground...there are no scheduled activities and no swimming pool. But, there is a beautiful stream that flows at the back of the campground and beyond that stream is working Amish farmland.

I've camped at this campground several times over the years and just love it...they have discontinued one thing I really liked though...they used to have their own private entrance to Dutch Wonderland within the campground itself which made things easier than either walking the 1/4 mile to the entrance or driving to the parking lot.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed in your choice... Hope you have a great trip!