Older Campground Reviews

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ready2upgrade, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ready2upgrade

ready2upgrade
    Expand Collapse

What's up with the Campground Reviews? The last couple days when I'm reading reviews, if I click on the link to "Display Older Reviews of ...." it takes me to the main page for whichever State the campground is located in. No older reviews.... that's odd, and who should fix it?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I checked the information couple mins ago and it works for me. I also checked number of states and found all were working. Any problems would go to the webmaster. Look down at bottom and you will see "contact us".

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I have had the exact same thing happen on at least three occasions, but just with certain campgrounds--not all of them. One of the campgrounds was Sam's Town in Las Vegas, NV. I can't remember the others. I just figured a few of the links were "wired" wrong. Please don't take this as a complaint because I think this is a great feature, and I appreciate the work it took to set it up.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Also, the "this reviewer has X other reviews online" doesn't always show the current number. I clicked on one of my reviews and it said that I had 13 other reviews. Clicking on the "other reviews" showed that I had a total of seventeen, not thirteen.......

I also have a minor annoyance in that when I initally log on, if I unclick the "Remember me" thing, I have to log in twice! I unclick "remember me," then I enter my login information, I get the "you are now logged in" screen, and it kicks me right back out and I have to log in again. It usually works the second time.

I figure that some of the changes the webmaster made have had ramifications in other areas that couldn't be foreseen.......

JJ

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

I just checked this morning and all seems to be working properly here, also checked different locations and was okay.

6. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Same here, no problem at all. Could it be because of your browser?

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It very well could be my browser. If any of you have read the two threads about dots on the US map you know I have trouble with Internet Explorer in that situation. Just for my peace of mind would one of you please try to get the older reviews for Sam's Town in Las Vegas? That one definitely does NOT work for me. That will help me decided if it is my browser or not. Thanks.

8. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Tex,

I, too, was having the ocassional problem of not getting the older reviews. Most worked, but some did not. Like you, I usually use Internet Explorer and did not get the "dots" using IE but could get them with Firefox. After reading your post, I tried Sam's and it kicked me back to the Nevada page. I then switched to Firefox and tried to get the older reviews for Sam's. It also did not show the older reviews but, instead of taking me back to the Nevada page, it took me to the top of the Las Vegas page. So, although there is a slight difference in the browsers performance, neither would give me the older reviews for Sam's. Ahh, the mysterious workings of the internet.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks Jerry, I knew I could count on you to help out. Sounds like it may not always be the browser after all. Even though I jumped in on this thread I am not too concerned because this happens so rarely. Unfortunately I really did want to see something in one of the older Sam's Town reviews, but I'm sure I can live without knowing.

10. ready2upgrade

ready2upgrade
    Expand Collapse

It still happens...I just tried the link to ft. Wilderness in Florida, Older Reviews takes me to the main Florida page.

I don't remember the other one.

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yes, Ft. Wilderness is one of the ones I couldn't remember. It doesn't work for me either.

12. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I checked Sam's Town and Disney's Fort Wilderness with Firefox and they do not work. I will see if we can get some help to fix they.

13. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks, John.

14. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

I see a pattern here, so I think I know what the problem is, both of these parks have an apostrophe in the name, so that's probably causing this. I'll try to get this fixed tonight.

15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks, Webmaster. You're the greatest.

16. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Texasrvers,

You are all fixed now. Sam's town is working. Now go have some fun. :p

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sounds good. The only problem is I'm so old I can't remember now what I wanted to look up. :p

18. ready2upgrade

ready2upgrade
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jan 17 2008, 11:46 AM) [snapback]9932[/snapback]

I see a pattern here, so I think I know what the problem is, both of these parks have an apostrophe in the name, so that's probably causing this. I'll try to get this fixed tonight.

Amen!

Thanks, it's all good!!!

(There's a heck of a lot Ft. Wilderness Reviews. I'll read em tomorrow. Night All!)

19. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(ready2upgrade @ Jan 18 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]9940[/snapback]

Amen!

Thanks, it's all good!!!

(There's a heck of a lot Ft. Wilderness Reviews. I'll read em tomorrow. Night All!)

Maybe it's not worth reading them all. 90% of them say the same thing:
    Its well situated for visiting Disney.
    It's clean.
    It's expensive.
    Sites are too small for my 40' MH with 3 slide-outs.

20. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Texasrvers,

You ask about Sam's Town in Las Vegas, NV, remember now? :)