One Campground Reviewed In Two Different Towns

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mdcamping, Oct 18, 2013.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Was just reading a review on one of my favorite campgrounds, noticed the campground is reviewed in two different towns.

Bull Run Regional Park, CGID7607 & CGID3028

Mike

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks. We'll look into this.

3. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Another campground that seems to be listed in the wrong area is Pride Resort. They're listed under Maggie Valley, NC but they're not really in Maggie Valley. Their address is Waynesville, NC. There are at least three rv parks in the Jonathan Valley (part of Waynesville) that are nearer to Maggie Valley on the same road that Pride is on, but are listed as "Waynesville". I couldn't find them when I was looking for them under Waynesville and never thought to look in Maggie Valley. Someone wanting to find a park actually "in" Maggie Valley wouldn't be satisfied being that far away (not that it's THAT far but it's not "in" Maggie Valley). Creekwood Farm RV park is right next door to Pride and is listed as Waynesville.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks. We'll check those listings also.

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I have used this campground and others in that region. They are a bit closer to Maggie Valley, but technically they are in Waynesville due to the location on the highway and the address.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

OK, I think the Maggie Valley / Waynesville listings are straightened out. The problem with the Pride Resort comes because if you look at their website, all their advertising says they are in Maggie Valley, but I suspect they are referring to a geographic location rather than the actual town. Their actual address is listed in Waynesville, so their listing has been moved to there.

Let me know if you see any you think I missed and thanks again.

7. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

This is a slightly different problem but in the general vicinity of this topic. I just read a review for the Sante Fe KOA listed under Gulfport, MS. I scanned the review and they did mention how far they were from Sante Fe (NM), so I am sure it is supposed to be for that park in NM.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks. We'll look into it.

9. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Oct 26 2013, 07:17 PM) [snapback]35125[/snapback]

This is a slightly different problem but in the general vicinity of this topic. I just read a review for the Sante Fe KOA listed under Gulfport, MS. I scanned the review and they did mention how far they were from Sante Fe (NM), so I am sure it is supposed to be for that park in NM.

The review you refer to is now in the correct city and campground listing.

10. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. It could have been really confusing for someone unfamiliar with the area.