Orange County, CA RV Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by mommy.m, Dec 10, 2004.

1. mommy.m

mommy.m
    Expand Collapse

Looking for an RV Park in Orange County, CA that is NOT close to Disneyland. Going to visit my grandparents and am looking for someplace clean and decent to park the Truck Camper for two nights.

2. nvdiplomat

nvdiplomat
    Expand Collapse

I lived in Orange County for 25 years, so I have a pretty good idea of where things are, distances and travel time. The problem is that you don't indicate what location you are visiting. OC traffic can be and usually is brutal, so we need more info.

Since you don't want to stay near Disneyland, there is an RV park in Yorba Linda, in eastern OC, called Canyon RV Park. Lots of trees, safe, ok for a short visit.

If southern county is more desireable, there is a state park with camping in San Clemente, or another at San Onofre.

If you provide a location for your visit, there may be a few more alternatives.

Howard

3. mommy.m

mommy.m
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your suggestions. We will be visiting Laguna Hills. We've done further research and found the State Parks Website. My family is from So Cal and we camped at Doheny, San Clemente when I was a kid. I understand there is also O'Neill Park not too far from where we will be visiting.

4. Mil

Mil
    Expand Collapse

O'neill park is a county park and you would definitly be able to get into that site. The state parks are all booked up for the season. Very good luck getting in.
    There is the old Featherly park site out in the Santa Ana Canyon. It is a private park now and I dont' know what the name is now. it's at Gympsum canyon road and the 91 fwy.