Our Traveling Blog

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by campingandtravels.blogspot.com, Oct 5, 2008.

1. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

Hi!

Please take a moment to read our blog ~ there are campground reviews there as well & we're sure you'll find some interesting places to visit and some helpful tips! :D

campingandtravels.blogspot.com

Enjoy!!!!

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Hi, welcome and thanks for sharing your blog. I just started reading it and it's great! And, your pictures are absolutely beautiful. Are either or both of you professional photographers, because the pics are perfect.!! You should think of putting your blog and pics into book form, if you do, let me know, I'd buy it. :)

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Nice blog! I will have to go to those sites for my blog (see signature line). I'm doing a "blog" on how to RV without a tow car, and all the options you can use.

JJ

4. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

Hi BBear,

Thanks for your kind words! Nope, no professional photographers over here, just always loved to take photos.

What do you mean about putting into book form? Is that easily done?

Thanks again!
    Suzanne
    http://campingandtravels.blogspot.com

Hi JJ,

Thanks for checking out our blog - checked out yours too - nice! We're from Oregon and know many of the places you've recently written about.

Here's tip if you're interested - you can embed your URLs pretty easily, if you want. When you post, see the paperclip-like thing in the line above where you type? It has:

Font TT b i T(with colors) then the paperclip thing.

You highlight the text you want to link (like Heceta Head Lighthouse), the click on the paperclip thing, then a window comes up and you type the URL in the bottom white space (be sure you only type http:// once, and leave the http in the line above - it automatically comes up). Then it's all set, and will look like ours.

Just trying to help - didn't know if you knew you could do this.

Have a great day & thanks again for your lovely feedback!
    Suzanne

5. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(campingandtravels.blogspot.com @ Oct 6 2008, 11:59 PM) [snapback]13444[/snapback]

Hi BBear,

Thanks for your kind words! Nope, no professional photographers over here, just always loved to take photos.

What do you mean about putting into book form? Is that easily done?

Thanks again!
    Suzanne

You're welcome.

You can put your work into book form by using a software application, that is easily done, but could be quite expensive, but if you market them well, you could sell them at a profit and make some $$$'s, but you're dependent upon people being interested in it enough to buy it. Here's an example of a software application:

http://www.lulu.com/en/products/photo_books/

You could also contact publishers who will publish self-published books, where they will do all the publishing and you pay for it and market it. Again, could be easy to do, but also expensive.

You can Google "Self Publishing" and get more information that way.

Or you can contact Publishers directly and see if they'd be interested in your concept and maybe one will bite to take it on and enter into a contract with you of which there's different ways they will publish it , such as they would retain all rights to the book by paying you a lump sum of money or they'd publish it and have a percentage type of deal where you would get so much of a percentage for each book sold and they would as well. But, this is a shot in the dark and you would have to be really good at selling the idea for them to take the chance.

Like I said, if you do decide to publish it regardless of the way, let me know, I'd buy a copy, until then I'll just enjoy your blog!

6. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

QUOTE(BBear @ Oct 7 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]13448[/snapback]

You're welcome.

You can put your work into book form by using a software application, that is easily done, but could be quite expensive, but if you market them well, you could sell them at a profit and make some $$$'s, but you're dependent upon people being interested in it enough to buy it. Here's an example of a software application:

http://www.lulu.com/en/products/photo_books/

You could also contact publishers who will publish self-published books, where they will do all the publishing and you pay for it and market it. Again, could be easy to do, but also expensive.

You can Google "Self Publishing" and get more information that way.

Or you can contact Publishers directly and see if they'd be interested in your concept and maybe one will bite to take it on and enter into a contract with you of which there's different ways they will publish it , such as they would retain all rights to the book by paying you a lump sum of money or they'd publish it and have a percentage type of deal where you would get so much of a percentage for each book sold and they would as well. But, this is a shot in the dark and you would have to be really good at selling the idea for them to take the chance.

Like I said, if you do decide to publish it regardless of the way, let me know, I'd buy a copy, until then I'll just enjoy your blog!

Thanks again, BBear! Happy Travels to you!! :)

7. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(campingandtravels.blogspot.com @ Oct 7 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]13450[/snapback]

Thanks again, BBear! Happy Travels to you!! :)

You're welcome! :)

8. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I use a personal website from Yahoo that allows up to 3 gig of content. I have several thousand pictures of about 70k each, so amount of space permitted is of importance. How much space are you permitted and how much does it cost? Hate to ask a finical question.

9. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Oct 7 2008, 02:21 PM) [snapback]13456[/snapback]

I use a personal website from Yahoo that allows up to 3 gig of content. I have several thousand pictures of about 70k each, so amount of space permitted is of importance. How much space are you permitted and how much does it cost? Hate to ask a finical question.

Hi Lindsey,

I've been looking, but I can't find the answer to that - sorry. If I come accross the answer, I will reply again. I do wonder what I"ll do once I hit the end, of both the pictures & the blog........... :unsure:

Take care,
    Suzanne

10. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I do wonder what I"ll do once I hit the end, of both the pictures & the blog...........

Don't worry, they will ba happy to let you know the cost of additional space and let you pay by credit card.

11. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Oct 9 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]13472[/snapback]

Don't worry, they will ba happy to let you know the cost of additional space and let you pay by credit card.

No doubt!!! :rolleyes: