Out Of The Country

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by cougarTT, Mar 14, 2008.

1. cougarTT

cougarTT
    Expand Collapse

I am active duty military serving my country overseas until May. I sure am looking forward to seeing some trees and not sand, getting the TT unwinterized and getting back to spending time with the wife and kids in the good old USA outdoors. :D

2. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(cougarTT @ Mar 14 2008, 12:55 PM) [snapback]10726[/snapback]

I am active duty military serving my country overseas until May. I sure am looking forward to seeing some trees and not sand, getting the TT unwinterized and getting back to spending time with the wife and kids in the good old USA outdoors. :D

God bless you and all in service, past, present, and future - police and firemen also.

3. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

Cougar: May is not far away and you'll be home before you know it. As a former Vietnam Vet, I fully understand your desire to return to a normal life. Thanks so much for the sacrifices you've made....and Happy Camping.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Welcome back HOME! May is not far away now. You all have done a great job to keep the peace and our enemy's at bay. Most all on this board have been in some form of service over the past years. We all know the pain to serve and be away from our home. Great job, enjoy your RV life.

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Thank so much Cougar for a job well done! Please thank your wife for sharing you. Can't wait to have you back and chatting about all things camping....in the US! ;)

6. cougarTT

cougarTT
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(cougarTT @ Mar 14 2008, 11:55 AM) [snapback]10726[/snapback]

Thank you all, It is nice to be able to hear from you. Being over here makes me more proud to serve my country, and with that protecting the people of our nation.
    THANKS AGAIN! B)

7. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Welcome back. It would be my honor to camp next to you someday. Thank you for all you have done.

8. gsbogart

gsbogart
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(cougarTT @ Mar 14 2008, 12:55 PM) [snapback]10726[/snapback]

God speed to you guy, and stay safe until you are home with your family.
    It has been fifty years since I was in the Navy, and thank God for our troops and guys like you every day that this is still the home of the brave and land of the free.

(for now)

9. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I’m recently retired after 34 years in the military. I’ve spent time in every sand box in SWA. When I see someone touching a tree or bending down to feel green grass, I figure that individual is probably a service member who has not seen either for a year.

I speak from first hand experience when I say this: For those who may not have served in the military, please know that our service members would do the job regardless of your support because they volunteered for the duty. But the fact that you admirably and publicly do - to include recognizing their sacrifices - makes them stand proud to serve this great country and us.

Cougar> So you are telling us that your first RV trip won’t be to a "sandy" beach? :D

10. cougarTT

cougarTT
    Expand Collapse

Hey all,
    Still over here protecting the country I thought you might want to see a couple pictures!