parking an RV during a cruise

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Fitzjohnfan, Jul 21, 2024.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

So, we are in the very preliminary planning phase for a trip down to Florida and taking a cruise in 2026. plans are to attend a neices graduation in Miami, then park our motorhome and take a 5-7 day cruise.

For those of you who have taken cruises, what did you do with your RV? Did you just park it in the cruise parking lot? Did you find a different place to store it? Did you leave your 'fridge running, or empty the food out and turn it off?
    Were you concerned with the unit getting broken into?

thanks,
    Chris g.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Chris Just my 2 cents on the refrigerator as I have never done a cruise, yet. If the MH is in a full sun parking lot crammed in with other Rvs/vehicles I would be inclined to shut down the refrigerator and propane.

Mike

3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Over the years when we full time traveled, many times folks in the rv park told us they were leaving for a cruise. They paid for the site and kept the unit plugged in. If we were there for any extended time they asked us to "keep an eye on it" for them. At least in a rv park there were many eyes and anything out of the norm would spotted unlike having a motorhome sitting in some lot. We are now heading for a cruise and will be parking our rig at a friends home plugged in while we are gone. They live in a gated community and we feel like it will be ok while there, otherwise we would pay for a spot in a rv park.

DoloWhite likes this.