Parks around Vancouver,BC

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Fun finders, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

We will be in Vancouver this summer visiting family that we haven't seen in years. Anyone have suggestions for a park around there? Our only requirements are full hookups, wifi and wide enough for opposing slides.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

There are several parks on the "outskirts" of the city itself but if you want something close in there's really only one and it's called Capilano RV Park and it's located just off the Lion's Gate Bridge on the West Vancouver side. We've never stayed there but there are several reviews you can read if you change the map to Canada and go to West Vancouver. It's the first one listed. Vancouver proper itself has no RV parks, or at least we've never seen one in the city area itself. As mentioned there a few others you can check out but they are all further outside the city than the one across the bridge....

Travel save and say hi to the city for me that I was born and raised in as you pass thru............. :D

Regards, BankShot............(aka Terry)

3. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

I also was born there but raised in Victoria until we moved out to the prairies as kids. The park doesn't have to be in Vancouver proper,we were thinking within a hours drive

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

As mentioned go to the home page and in the upper left hand corner you will see three maps. One for the U.S., one for Canada, and one for Mexico. Clicking on Canada's map will take you to that country and you can go to British Columbia and then scroll down thru the cities within the province to get to West Vancouver where you'll find a few parks in the general area listed with reviews, etc................

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

PS: My mother was born and raised in the Winnipeg area and my father was from Newfoundland.....

5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Greetings Funfinders. I live near Victoria now but have spent many years in the Vancouver area. Your one hour range of Vancouver proper is very subjective when you consider their traffic situation. However, there are a few places that will be able to accommodate your rig. The one that come to mind first is Burnaby Cariboo RV Park. It is located just off of the Trans Canada, Access in and out is pretty easy. The sites are tight but there are spots that will accommodate your rig. You might have to park you tow away from your site. Noise isn't too bad considering you are right in the city fairly close to a freeway. Train noise can be heard on occasion. The place is expensive but then so is real estate in Vancouver. You are about 15 minutes away from the first Vancouver exit. Capilano RV Park in West Vancouver was mentioned and I would pass on that one. Too many vagrants (those living in the bush surrounding the park area), very traffic congested area, but that's just me. Peace Arch RV in Delta means you have limited access to Van proper (either the tunnel under the river over the Alex Fraser bridge over the river. Tunnel traffic can be brutal and to get to the Alex F you have to go quite a distance out of your way.

Choices become more pleasant farther east into the valley. Fort Langley is nice, Eagle Wind is newer and will easily accommodate your rig but it is a gravel parking lot. If you are familiar with the winter rain, you will understand that good drainage is a must. There are a few more around but I have no personal knowledge of them. My choice would be Cariboo. Pricy, a little tight but quick and easy access to a lot of the area.

Darrell

BankShot likes this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Great post Darrell - I knew one of you Canucks :p with more knowledge of what's going on in the Vancouver area would jump in on this one. We've been wanting to take the RV over to the island and spend some summer time there but just haven't gotten around to it as yet. I guess we haven't run out of places to see down in this neck of the woods........... :D

Keep those home fires burning, we'll make it one year soon................

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

7. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

One thing to consider about finding a park around Vancouver is the traffic. It can be downright horrible at times. BC Wanderer's suggestion for Burnaby Cariboo RV Park is a good one as you can get on a bus nearby which can take you down to the Sky Train depot. Between the bus and train it takes less than an hour to get downtown.