Parks Near Sarasota

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Sandra, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sandra

Sandra
    Expand Collapse

We're looking for a decently priced RV park close to Sarasota for the month of March 2010. My sister will be staying at Siesta Key so we're looking for something as close as we can get. Anything I've looked at has been $1500+ and then electricity on top of that.

Sandra

2. offdutyagain

offdutyagain
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Sandra @ Sep 9 2009, 01:14 PM) [snapback]18820[/snapback]

We're looking for a decently priced RV park close to Sarasota for the month of March 2010. My sister will be staying at Siesta Key so we're looking for something as close as we can get. Anything I've looked at has been $1500+ and then electricity on top of that.

Sandra

Sandra,

I have family in the area too and unfortunately, this is a prime destination over the winter months. There appears to be only two types of campgrounds in the area, those that are "resorts' or those that are older (think mobile home parks with rv sites) There are a few in the Cortez area that are not online (Cortez Ave) that may work for you. We've stayed at Holiday RV Resort, it's nice but pricey. You may consider looking a little further south, there are campgrounds on the Myakka River that are not quite as expensive, but again. not as nice. If you head north, there is a nice campground in Hudson (Three Rivers RV resort) it would be a two-hour drive to Sarasota though. If you do find something, pleae post it for those of us that are looking as well. Good luck,

Mike

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

You may have a hard time finding any type of park this late in the year. Most have been booked six to eight months ago. The COE parks will be full as well as the state parks. Go to USA map on home page here then click on FL. This will list all cities that have been rated to date. Pick the ones you may like and call them to see if they may have a site open. Lots of parks in and around Sarasota.