Permanently Closed Parks

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by National Park Nerd, Sep 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. National Park Nerd

National Park Nerd
    Expand Collapse

While searching for campgrounds I have come across a few that have a banner that says "Permanently Closed". Why do these campground continue to be displayed in searches?

2. denny2

denny2
    Expand Collapse

. It can be pretty frustrating. They should totally update the listings so we don't waste our time on closed places.

3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Sorry but how are you wasting time looking at a closed campground? I see this place is closed, so I move to the next listing. There are not that many that are still showing closed that I have seen.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Many times RVers want look up parks they have stayed at previously because they want to stay there again. We keep closed parks in our listings because members have told us that it is helpful to know if a park no longer exists so that they will not keep looking for it on this site (as well as others) thinking that it might still be open but that RV Life Campgrounds just doesn't have it listed. If we show that the park is closed, users will know they need to look for a different park to stay at and not waste any more time trying to find a closed park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.