Phoenix

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by easyrider65_01, Jun 30, 2005.

1. easyrider65_01

easyrider65_01
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good all-around campground/rv park in the phoenix area that has nice sites, good security and allows people that are less than 55 years old. It amazes me the number of parks that require visitors to be over 55 in the phoenix area. I am 25 and I work a profession that requires me to travel a lot and I am by no means an "obnoxious kid" and it bothers me that places have an age limit at all. That said, I would appreciate any information about the area and where might be the best place to stay. Thanks. :D

2. Waubee

Waubee
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I winter at Sunflower RV Resort in Surprise, AZ and they like all other senior facilities state that they do not rent to anyone under "55". I heard this spring that Arizona has a law that every campground must rent a certain percentage of sites to people under 55. I am not sure who you could check with on that but I guess I would start with the Attorney General of the state. I hope you have good success. We really enjoy Arizona.

Waubee Butch

3. J59T

J59T
    Expand Collapse

My husband too has to travel because of his job and we haven't quite reached the golden oldie age of 55 yet, and have had to be in Phoenix because of his job.

We stayed at Destiny Phoenix and found this to be a wonderful, well run park. They have had a problem with the water due to high nitates (there is a lot of farm area around the park) but they give us free of charge as much bottled water as we needed. They say 1 gal per person per day, but they are nice enough to give you whatever you need.

The park is clean, pool and spa is sparkling and we enjoyed our stay there very much, which was 3 months.