Pine Mountain In Pigeon Forge

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CDB, Dec 4, 2008.

1. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

This place gets some really good reviews and might be my first choice for the next trip to that area. We like having sites beside creeks but I was wondering what is across the creek. The atmosphere would be kind of lost if we were looking at the backside of a restaurant or a busy parking lot.

Christopher

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Christopher,

Earth Google is a good way to see what is around a campground. Check it out.

3. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

Good tip! However, checking the satellite view shows an open field where the campground is. Remember it is a new park, and across the stream is an empty field as well.

Christopher

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

When I first saw the original post, I, too, was going to suggest Google maps. Then I remembered how dated these images often are. There have been a number of instances when using Google maps that I have noticed they do not show RV parks (among other recent new structures) that I know have been in existence for 4 or 5 years. In fact, the satellite view of my own neighborhood has not changed since I first checked it out maybe 5 years ago. So, whenever you use Google maps, remember that the images are probably several years old at the very least.