Posts Disappearing

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Texasrvers, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Recently I have written 3-4 replies to other posts. However, after I have finished my reply and I click on "Add Reply" the message disappears and I get a screen that says I must log in. I know I am logged in or I wouldn't have the reply screen in the first place. This doesn't happen every time, but enough that it is really maddening because my reply isn't posted and I can't get it back.

Also many times when I am typing a reply a large portion of it will just disappear. At first I assumed I was doing something to cause this, but this happens frequently even though I try to be very careful. Also this only seems to happen on this web site. I use Microsoft Word a lot and this problem does not seem to happen with it.

I have been posting for over a year and don't think I am doing anything wrong. Does anyone know why this is happening?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

That is no fun! I think the webmaster may be the one to help here. I do not remember a problem due to this. Also you may be dropping the link to internet for a micosec and that would do it.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for trying to help, John. Unfortunately even if your explanation is the case it does not stop the problem. So I think I’ll start composing my reply in “Word” and then copy and paste it into the reply box. (Which is what I did this time.) At least that way if the reply isn’t posted I will still have a copy of it in Word and can try again. That takes only a little more time than typing directly into the reply box, but is far better than completely losing everything I've written.

4. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Mar 12 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]6490[/snapback]

Recently I have written 3-4 replies to other posts. However, after I have finished my reply and I click on "Add Reply" the message disappears and I get a screen that says I must log in. I know I am logged in or I wouldn't have the reply screen in the first place. This doesn't happen every time, but enough that it is really maddening because my reply isn't posted and I can't get it back.

Also many times when I am typing a reply a large portion of it will just disappear. At first I assumed I was doing something to cause this, but this happens frequently even though I try to be very careful. Also this only seems to happen on this web site. I use Microsoft Word a lot and this problem does not seem to happen with it.

I have been posting for over a year and don't think I am doing anything wrong. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have had the same problem, Texas...but only on one computer: the one with high-speed, Roadrunner, DSL. My antiquated dial-up system at my other house does fine. Odd.

5. obxblond

obxblond
    Expand Collapse

This is my first post so I have no experience with the disappearing act. Maybe on a related topic though - I have not seen any new RV Park reviews added to the home page in four days.
    Anyone else notice this?

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Obx, It has been my experience that there will not be any new reviews for several days and then a whole bunch will appear all at once. I think this is because the webmaster looks at each review before it is posted, and I am assuming that he/she gets to that just whenever he/she can find the time. I am also assuming he/she has another life besides checking reviews for this web site and may not do it on a daily basis. He/She may actually be on a trip themselves right now. I'm also sure that there are periods of time when less reviews are written so less are posted. I'm sure more will be appearing soon.