Prarie Pines Campground, Rantoul,il

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Meterman46, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Hi I know that a few have stayed at Prariepines CampGround in Rantoul, IL I have seen the reveiws and I am glad for those who have stayed and want to come back. Now Just wanted to let everyone know that the Village of Rantoul is considering MOVING the campground to another area close to where it is presently, About a 1/2 mile east closer to Heritage Lake Just wanted to see if theres any opinion on moving this. Right now there are 95 full hook up sites and I am unsure what the plans will be on what will be offered in the move but will let you know if I hear anything else. Well I guess theres no one around that has stayed here latly I was hoping to get some feedback from others who had to let the village know what others are saying about the campground. Happy Trails to all.

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Meterman46 for the heads up! :rolleyes:
    Lots of folks who post reviews never check out the forums here...but those of us that do sure appreciate your kind thoughts to gain feedback!
    Never been to Prairie Pines or Heritage Lake. Will check it out if we're ever over that way.
    Thanks again! B)

3. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Apr 10 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]11114[/snapback]
    Hi I know that a few have stayed at Prariepines CampGround in Rantoul, IL I have seen the reveiws and I am glad for those who have stayed and want to come back. Now Just wanted to let everyone know that the Village of Rantoul is considering MOVING the campground to another area close to where it is presently, About a 1/2 mile east closer to Heritage Lake Just wanted to see if theres any opinion on moving this. Right now there are 95 full hook up sites and I am unsure what the plans will be on what will be offered in the move but will let you know if I hear anything else. Well I guess theres no one around that has stayed here latly I was hoping to get some feedback from others who had to let the village know what others are saying about the campground. Happy Trails to all.

Hey Fosterimposters This only in the earlry stages of moving the campground and I was just trying to get some thoughts from those who have been here and to let the village know what our fellow campers think. Happy Trails.

4. philaura

philaura
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Apr 22 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]11307[/snapback]

Hey Fosterimposters This only in the earlry stages of moving the campground and I was just trying to get some thoughts from those who have been here and to let the village know what our fellow campers think. Happy Trails.

We stayed there last fall - loved it! Very reasonable price, large spots, good hook-ups. What a pleasurable place for the weary traveler to relax! To us folks from Idaho that "suffered" from many undesirable rv campgrounds during our trip, Prarie Pines was like an oasis in the desert. We spent money in Rantoul. The village of Rantoul should realize that superior parks like Rantoul reflect a positive image on their community, and make RV'rs want to visit - and spend money. If they want to move the campground, I hope the new one is just as pleasant, as we plan to camp there again. Just my thoughts.
    Phil and Laura
    Boise, Idaho

5. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(philaura @ May 25 2008, 07:31 PM) [snapback]11581[/snapback]

We stayed there last fall - loved it! Very reasonable price, large spots, good hook-ups. What a pleasurable place for the weary traveler to relax! To us folks from Idaho that "suffered" from many undesirable rv campgrounds during our trip, Prarie Pines was like an oasis in the desert. We spent money in Rantoul. The village of Rantoul should realize that superior parks like Rantoul reflect a positive image on their community, and make RV'rs want to visit - and spend money. If they want to move the campground, I hope the new one is just as pleasant, as we plan to camp there again. Just my thoughts.
    Phil and Laura
    Boise, Idaho

HEY thanks for the great reply........I'm not sure now if there are still planning on moving the campground anytime soon but I do see alot of Rver's all the time. I even have "gone camping" out there and although it's in town it far enough away from town to really enjoy camping......The big reason was to make use of the near buy lake area.......If I keep getting great replies like yours I'm going to plan on passing them along to the village.....Happy Trails....... :D

6. bondaddy

bondaddy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ May 27 2008, 08:41 PM) [snapback]11598[/snapback]

HEY thanks for the great reply........I'm not sure now if there are still planning on moving the campground anytime soon but I do see alot of Rver's all the time. I even have "gone camping" out there and although it's in town it far enough away from town to really enjoy camping......The big reason was to make use of the near buy lake area.......If I keep getting great replies like yours I'm going to plan on passing them along to the village.....Happy Trails....... :D

Can you tell me the exact street address of the campground and give me directions to it? I'll be arriving there Monday afternoon in a 45' motorhome towing a pickup truck, so don't want to wander around looking for the campground. The reason I ask is because I'm shown three different locations on various internet sites.

Thanks for your help,

Brian Davis
    2005 Country Coach Intrigue
    FMCA #221351
    Escapees #46425

7. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(bondaddy @ Jun 20 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]11963[/snapback]

Can you tell me the exact street address of the campground and give me directions to it? I'll be arriving there Monday afternoon in a 45' motorhome towing a pickup truck, so don't want to wander around looking for the campground. The reason I ask is because I'm shown three different locations on various internet sites.

Thanks for your help,

Brian Davis
    2005 Country Coach Intrigue
    FMCA #221351
    Escapees #46425

If it's not too late the Campground is located on Chandler Road......Once you get off I-57 at #250 Exit you'll be on Route 136 ( Champaign Ave) east come into town after going under RR tracks be in the right lane as you will turn Right and Route 45 ( Century Blvd) you will see a Phillips 66 gas station at this intersecction turn right and then get into the left lane before the next traffic light ( which will be Veterns Parkway) You will go straght thru this light traveling south to a fourway stop (Borman Drive) Keep on driving south for aprox 1-2 miles you should see a runway for the airport on your left the next stop sign will be Chadler Road turn LEFT and the campground is on your left.1/8 of a mile , Sorry if I am late as I just got back from a camping trip. Brian

8. BigDog1333

BigDog1333
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have the street address for this park so that we can use our GPS? Thanks, Dave

9. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BigDog1333 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:01 AM) [snapback]12548[/snapback]
    Does anyone have the street address for this park so that we can use our GPS? Thanks, Dave

Hi It's 711 Chadler Road, Rantoul, IL 61866.

Sorry the city doesn't have the correct address on the website . I'm going to see if we can that change. Let me know if I can help. Happy Trails.

10. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Hello all

Just a update as of now I haven't heard of anymore talk on moving the campground. The city Administrator has left the city and there doesn't seem to be anymore talk of moving.....(maybe it was just his idea) If things change I'll keep you posted. And for those who have stopped by Thanks for stopping and I hope you come back. Happy Trails